We have a referral in to see a new geneticist who specializes in metabolic disorders, so I'm excited to get a new geneticist working on Caleb's case who might actually care to dig a little deeper.
Grace had soccer practice tonight and still loves every minute of it. Both kids did great at swim lessons as well yesterday. Poor little man started screaming crying when they laid him on his back to float so I asked them to stop and give him some time. About 3 minutes later he burped so loud it startled everyone! After that, he was fine! This has all been another lesson in how important (and challenging) it is for us to listen closely to Caleb's cues and trust our instincts! If I had just looked in his mouth earlier last week I could have saved him a lot of pain! I'm glad I didn't let his swim instructor continue pushing the floating yesterday. Poor kid was just gassy!
We're going on three days without Daddy this week as he's on a work trip in PA (we miss you daddy!) and so far we're managing pretty well. Thank God he wasn't on his trip LAST week! My dad came to help on Monday night so I could go to my photography class (the kids were BEYOND thrilled to hang with papa, he's the coolest), and I've had help from the providers so it's going well. I'm so grateful he slept the last two nights!
We've got another early morning tomorrow for Caleb's bus so it's time for bed! Oh, did I mention I did another ridiculous squat workout that's left me nearly useless? Poor timing on that, but hopefully I can sleep it off tonight...



Love the workout and that Caleb is doing better! You're such an awesome mom.
ReplyDeleteThank you Papa!!! It makes my heart so happy when you say that! :)
Delete