I am in a constant state of plea with my children to slow down, stop growing up so quickly! Take time to be tiny...to need me. Of course, as is the plight of all parents, they just won't listen. I can't fault them for this one, they've got good reason. It's a big and exciting world out there, and they've got a long way to grow.
So as I take back the reins to our little blog, I'm thinking about what's happened since I last owned the posts. And it's startling just how much can change in one short month. So this month's theme is Growth! All of the undeniable and heart breaking pieces to it. Whether it be our babies' growth, as I'm guessing most of the time it will, or our growth as parents, I want to capture it this month. I'm excited to get started!
Every day seems to bring a new skill for our little ones, especially our little mover, Gracie. She's been itching to get the floor under her knees for a while now, and I've seen that look in her eyes for months- that I wanna GO GO GO look. Today, our little Grace Face took matters into her own hands...well, sorta.
Instead of crawling, she's found some creative ways to "get around"! We were down on the playmat tonight when I noticed her reaching up for me. So, of course, I picked her up because I can't withstand that tiny little plea..."hold me, mama". I picked her up and as soon as she was in my arms, she was reaching for the ground, but on the other side of me. So I pointed her in that direction and she'd reach for a toy and start squirming out of my arms. So I'd help her down back onto the playmat where she'd either sit and play for a minute or wiggle around on the floor turning herself in a half circle (a new skill in and of itself!). Then, she'd flip herself over onto her back and reach up again..."hold me, mama". So I'd pick her up and not three seconds later, she's reaching for the ground on yet the OTHER side of me. Once again, pointed her that direction and she'd wiggle to get down there and reach some other toy.
We played this game for almost an hour and I was cracking up the whole time. She'd stop every once in a while when I had her in my arms to give me a huge smile or play with my necklace. Then sometimes we played rocket ship for a few seconds before the reaching would start again. As she wiggled around in my arms to reposition herself (or try to get free and find that most adored toy she was after), she'd have a cute little grin on her face the whole time. She was having a blast with our game, too!
I remember the days when I'd set her on her tummy hoping that this time she'd finally hold her head up rather than just lying there. I remember when she hardly held her eyes open...
She's a firecracker, there's no doubt about it. Oh look out world, you don't know what's coming! I'm so, so excited.
Gracie on the go...
 |
| Yay playing with Mommy is fun! |
 |
| Oh wait, what's that? TOY! |
 |
| This is how it would all go down... |
 |
| Going for it! |
 |
| And then rolling back onto her back for the inevitable plea to be moved yet again! |
 |
| A quick break in the toy hunt to eat Mommy's necklace...and fashion a wonderful plastic hat, of course. |
 |
| Yeah, I rock it. |
More play time from today!
 |
| I want THAT toy...that one that heeee has! |
 |
| Trying to share nicely...it ended up in nearly resulting in eye injuries for both parties...those babies can really claw at each other! |
 |
| Please, Mom. PLEASE!?!? |
 |
| Let's play with our own toys. |
 |
| Check out those neck rolls! They get stuck together, poor guy. hahah! |
 |
| He's getting a jump start on his reading. I love how focused he gets with some of his toys! |
 |
| He's even a handsome little dude when he's got pink eye! |
 |
| Beautiful baby girl. |
No comments:
Post a Comment