Monday, June 18, 2012

Growth #18 - My First Father's Day!

So I woke up yesterday morning to the Superman theme song and for once it was actually playing and not just in my head. Amy and the babies got me a “Dad of the Year” card that played music and said I'm a Super Dad which is now sitting on my desk for all to see. When I walked into the kitchen Amy was holding Caleb and bouncing him up and down with a huge smile on his face. There were also three gift bags and five cards laid out on the kitchen counter. It was a great start to the day!
Amy highlighted most of the day in her blog yesterday and yes it was a very relaxing day for me despite all the exercise. I did almost pass out in the garage as I moved to the advanced level of In.sanity with only 23 more workouts until I’m done. I’ve always been a workout junkie but for some reason since I I became a dad the consistency of my exercising has greatly improved. I’m not sure if it’s to prove all those people wrong that told me to forget about working out once I had kids or if it’s to make sure I’m still in tip top shape to play with Caleb and Grace as they get older. I think it’s a combination of both and either way I have amassed quite the collection of workout gear (thanks Mommy).
So this blog is all over the place, but I want to share a funny story from Mi.mi’s yesterday. We had a rather experienced waitress (elderly) that saw the twins and on Father’s Day looked right at Amy and said “oh this must be really hard.” Amy was nice enough to say “Yes, it’s been a lot of work for both of us.” This comment did not even seem to register and the waitress continued to feel sorry for Amy as she was apparently dealt a hand of two babies and no help from her obviously clueless husband.   I’m not really bitter but I did think it was pretty funny especially due the fact that it was Father’s Day.  Maybe next year I'll just have Amy stay at home cooking barefoot and taking care of both babies while I go out drinking and gambling... 
Overall, yesterday was a great day spent out and about with the babies. It’s exactly the way I wanted the day to go, and I have to thank my wonderful wife for knowing exactly what makes me happy (yeah powerpoint agenda). I can’t wait for all of the Father’s Days to come but am sure I’ll never forget how I spent my first!
Baby Update:
Because I don’t get to blog every day I wanted to give a quick update on my thoughts about the latest developmental milestones for the babies. I won't steal Amy's thunder because a lot happened today after work so I'm going to let her write about that tomorrow but I do want to share a little.  First, Grace starting to talk is probably one of the cutest things I have ever heard with her dadada and her blablabla. The way she sticks her tongue way out to talk is hilarious and the fact that I could hear her all the way from the dressing room while we were out yesterday was really funny. She also seems so much more aware of who I am and when I wake her up in the morning she always greets me with a huge smile. After I fed her a bottle this morning she actually stopped her non-stop moving and just laid her head on my chest for a couple minutes….I’m in trouble! Mr. Caleb also seems to really be coming along as he’s getting so much better at sitting and also seems more aware of his surroundings. Yesterday when we got back from shopping I played with the little man and had him laughing so hard. He always starts flapping his arms and smiling every time he sees me which is pretty much the best thing ever. 


Here's a little preview of Mommy's post tomorrow...





And because we didn't get any good ones of Ben and Grace today, here's one of my recent fav's...his bicep is so big it looks like it's crushing Caleb as he reaches to tickle Grace.  Plus, I LOVE that Grace Face smile! 
Don't worry, Ben's giant bicep wasn't actually crushing Caleb...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment