Just because this is growth month does not necessarily mean that we're always going to discuss how our babies are learning and developing. Mommy and I got to go through a new experience in the last few days and I thought I would dedicate this post to that. Yay...a Daddy post! I told you I wouldn't be able to stay away.
So I had to travel for work this past week and all the way out to Pennsylvania, our home office. I've had to do this a few times before but never like this. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely miss Amy when I'm gone but I'm usually fairly confident that when I come back she'll remember who I am and show some signs of missing me. It's funny what goes through a new dad's mind when he leaves his kids behind for the first time, even if only for three days. Are they going to miss me? Are they going to remember who I am when I get back? Will they be mad because I left?...etc. Not to mention the fact that I was really just sad I wouldn't be getting my Grace Face and Mr. Caleb laughs for a few days.
All these thoughts were running through my mind on the way to the airport and well it was just a sad day. The trip was a good one and very productive for the continued growth of my career so I'm glad that I went. I'm just very thankful for my wife that I have 100% confidence in while I'm away. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when the roles are reversed, but I just hope to be able to do half as well as she did. She managed to keep everything completely under control even though Caleb has another tooth coming in and is in less than a good mood. I think Mommy was pretty close to fully confident about her abilities before I left, but now I'm positive she knows she can handle just about anything when it comes to taking care of the kids.
When I got home last night the babies were already in bed and I half jokingly asked if we could wake them up. Mommy said "NO!" Which is of course very understandable based on how rough it's been to get them down lately. Amy and I hung out for a bit and then we both just passed out. This morning when I went in to get Grace I actually felt slightly nervous hoping she wouldn't cry when I picked her up as she wondered who this strange person was. All the nervousness was out the window when I walked in and she was in crawling position with a huge smile as if I hadn't even left. I picked her up, carried her to the ottoman, fed her a bottle, and we played together afterwards. Just like always! I had a similar experience with Caleb and then the three of us spent the rest of the day together because I took the day off. Another funny thing about being gone even for a short time is how quickly you get out of practice. By the end of the day I was absolutely wiped out and this was without my usual cleaning fit. So I think I can safely say I was out of "baby shape." Overall, the time away helped me realize just how much I miss the chaos of our new lives (I was so bored after work in the hotel) and how much I miss my family when I'm away.
Mommy Photo Commentary:
 |
| SO close to crawling... |
 |
| ...but always ends up flat on her tummy. You'll get there, Gracie! |
 |
| WHY ANOTHER TOOTH?!?! |
 |
| Turning 360's! |
 |
| Remember when he was a little blonde baby? |
 |
| Alright Dad, let's get our delt raises done... |
 |
| And do it with a smile! |
 |
| Look at the determination in his face. :) That 0.2 lb dumbell is no joke! |
No comments:
Post a Comment