Gracie also had soccer today and is doing pretty well! She's been working hard with daddy on controlling the ball with some speed instead of being so calculated and timid. She doesn't get to touch the ball much at practice or in games when she waits to aim so precisely. It gets stolen pretty quickly. :)
Caleb had a great day in school today, apparently. We're still battling through the grogginess that the meds cause sometimes, but apparently his speech therapy was awesome and he made the sign for bird and gave several approximations for words. I think his focus is definitely improved! After swim lessons, he was in the shower and seemed to notice the crazy tiles on the wall for the first time! He's showered in there every week for months but today he just stared at that tile like he'd never seen it before! I wonder what's going through his mind- is he discovering the world for the first time? Does he notice the change? Is he excited about it?
Our meltdown-free streak snded yesterday during our monthly three hour habilitation meeting. It was right in that 11-12 window and we didn't stay vigilant enough about entertaining him and distracting him. It was an ugly one for sure but he came out of it on his own after we repeatedly walked away from his attempts at aggression. It's a delicate balance- protecting him from himself, protecting ourselves, and ignoring the behavior so as to not encourage it. It took about fifteen scary minutes and then he grabbed my hand, said mamamama and brought me to my phone, signing for music. So, of course, we proceeded to have a dance party.
It's a strange life, but we're damn good at it.
He had another massive meltdown in his crib in the middle of the night last night. Nothing was calming him down. It lasted about 70 minutes, and I hated every single minute of it. When he finally quiets down and falls back to sleep, I feel like I can breathe for the first time and never again, all at once. It's gut wrenching.
He struggled a bit after swim lessons when he started to get tired, I think. He's been acting really out of it when he's tired lately- not responding to his name or answering our questions in any way. He did it before bed last night and before nap and bed tonight. His MRI is Thursday at 6am so maybe we'll get some answers there- or maybe it's just the meds.
I got in some stairs with grace today after soccer practice, and then we did an ab circuit and some solid jumping jacks together. She's so funny; definitely wants to do whatever I'm doing! We high fived every time we passed by each other on the stairs! :)
Tomorrow I'm meeting my friend at the gym where I will likely kick both of our asses so look out! Gotta rest up for that one...
Night!






We need to start our own fitness club. We've got swimming, soccer, house circuits, you're a trainer, and don't forget about the garage gym.
ReplyDelete