Little man needs some prayers right now. His MRI results aren't back, but he's not acting ok. They gave him two extra drugs that were supposed to help him come out of anesthesia more calmly, but in turn would make him groggy all day, so a lot of his behavior today could be attributed to that. Still, he wasn't anything like himself and we really don't like seeing him so sad, uncomfortable, or just plain out of it.
For documentation's sake- he was up last night at 10:20, again at 1:15, and then at 5:00 before I went in to get him for the MRI. He was just acting uncomfortable and mad. I gave him Motrin at 10:20 but not again before his procedure.
He was out of it on the way to the hospital but he responded to me tickling him and pretending to eat his hands in the waiting room. Then they put him under, gave him some IV fluids, and got the test done. He slept an extra 30 minutes after the procedure but when he came-to he was really angry and aggressive. That's normal for him after anesthesia but I was hoping the drugs would lessen it more.
He cried the entire drive home and finally passed out on the couch after a few bites of a pancake and some water.
He woke up about an hour and a half later but didn't move much. From around 11:00 until about 5:00 in the evening he was pretty much not willing to use his legs. He just laid on his back, squeezing his stomach and diaper area- a common stim- for hours, with his mouth open and drool spilling out.
He finally perked up around 5:00 and actually did a little bit of dancing and soft screaming, but still wasn't closing his mouth much. He ate a little chicken noodle soup for lunch, a little more pancake, and some crackers for snack. He didn't seem to have trouble chewing or swallowing food, but he didn't seem interested in closing his mouth outside of eating or sucking his binky. No flinching when swallowing water, no stuffy nose or trouble breathing, etc.
I met up with a friend at 7:00 so I missed dinner but apparently he didn't want to eat again and was doing some twitching and jerking. His eyes look glazed over and he just doesn't respond quickly or at all lately. We skipped his ADHD med today because of all of this, and we're going to try giving it to him at night instead of the morning starting tomorrow.
I just need him back. I'm scared that this has all been neurological and that he's been having bad seizures that are affecting him. I'm scared that he's in pain or confused. I'm scared that he's scared.
He's up right now crying in his crib. I took him some water but he wants out. I just don't know what to do and my heart, and my brain, hurt.
Poor little grace gets pretty neglected when we're on Caleb high alert. I took her to the park for a picnic after picking her up from aunt Cole's house and she loved that. We played hide n seek and laid in the grass together. But then I needed to hang with Caleb and she got jealous. And then I needed a break and she felt hurt.
This is a tough time. I'd appreciate your prayers for little man's health, and strength for us as a family.








Prayers for you all!
ReplyDelete