Saturday, June 2, 2012

Growth #2 - Jump!

Short post today, it's been a tough one.  Grace just cried for two hours straight.  Yes, Grace. No, not Caleb, our crier.  Grace.  Nothing would calm her down.  She cried from the minute I got her out of her carseat until just a few minutes ago.

So many wonderful things today, it's hard to end it on that note.  We had our seven month photo shoot today out at DC Ranch! I love the idea of capturing our children at these different phases on film.  I love the beauty of professional photography and all that comes with it.  I hate baby photo shoots. Hate them.  Not one has gone well so far in their short little lives. 

We met up with the family at a pizza place up where we did our photo shoot which was just wonderful.  How awesome that they came up to our neck of the woods and it's always so lovely to see them.  The babies were truly pretty good until bedtime.  Yeah, dinner out during bedtime isn't a good idea anymore. I tried doing the bedtime routine at the restaurant in hopes that they'd take a bottle and pass out in their carseats.  They both eventually took their bottles, and eventually passed out in the carseats, but not without some pretty vocal disagreements about the whole thing.

Finally, Grace wakes up whenever we pick her up. She doesn't do the whole transferring to the crib without waking thing.  I don't think it would have been too bad, but she had a poopy diaper when I transferred her, so I had to change her in her crib.  She wasn't too keen on this plan.  In fact, she was pretty pissed off about it. Almost two hours later she decided to let it go.

A seriously fantastic anecdote about growth today, though!  Mr. Caleb has the most phenomenal laugh.  It's this deep chuckle, sometimes only one or two syllables.  He's been working hard to figure out this whole jumping thing in his jumperoo and still finds it best to jump with his arms rather than his legs.  As he stared on with locked knees, I decided I'd try to demonstrate.  So I counted to three and then jumped, with a very enthusiastic "Jump!" shout added in.  He chuckled, one deep chuckle.  So I did it again, and got a double syllable chuckle out of him.  And a third time, brought a bit of a longer chuckle with a permanent smile.  I kept going, "One, Two, Three...JUMP!", each time bringing more laughter from him until he finally just let it go.  He started full on laughing, with the mid-laugh inhale and everything! His laugh is still muffled sounding, especially compared to his sister, but it's so robust and joyful.  I've never heard him laugh like that and it was perfection.  He got so worked up that all I had to do after a little while was look at him and he'd laugh at me.  We had a great time practicing our jumping together, I think I'll need to make it a regular daily exercise.  If his laugh can grow that much in one sitting, think of what I'll get the next time!
Happy Caleb! Concerned Grace.

Grace getting too close to crawling!!!






Play time!

He smiles at her all the time now!

Out to eat with the babies! 
Grace in a big kid high chair! Wow!

We've gotta get a little better at sitting up to rock the hair chair, little man. Soon enough!



The fam.

She actually sucked on an onion slice today!!! She liked it, but it started breaking apart so I had to cut her off. :(

Look at those eyes.

1 comment:

  1. OK, it's going to have to be family lunches for awhile now. It was so good to see everyone and they did so well at the restaurant, especially after being out in the heat for the photo shoot. So sorry that there was all the drama for bed time.

    ReplyDelete