Sunday, June 3, 2012

Growth #3 - Brush Those Teeth

For those parents out there who swap shifts, (you know, one night is yours, the next night is his or hers), have you ever felt like your baby is just out to get YOU?  Yeah, you know what I'm talking out.  It's your night and the babies are waking up every two hours either needing a binky or wanting to be held or extra super hungry out of nowhere just because.  Then the next night, you're happy cuz you're sleeping no matter what...but you hear the next morning that so did he. It was a peacefully night for all.  So you're thinking you're golden for your night when, of course, it's back to those wake-ups every two hours. 

Now, I've been on the other side of this so I can't complain...but I will anyway.  There's something so illogically glorious about the babies not waking up on my nights but waking up on Ben's.  It's like they're giving me a little nod- "Mom, I know you're tired, we'll let you sleep tonight...".  So when it's the other way around, it's even more illogically irritating when it feels like they're throwing it back at me- "Well, ma, you had your fun.  It's time to pay."

None of this is real, I know.  I admitted to the illogical nature of it all.  That doesn't change the absurd feeling that these babies are sometimes out to get me...

We had an awesome second try at our seven month photo shoot at home and it went so, so well! They were just tired and way too hot yesterday.  So our amazing photographer offered to come out and try it at our house.  The babies were so much happier.  Once again, they were far too curious about the camera to be happy all the time, but they gave some great smiles this time (after some SERIOUS coaxing by both photographer and Mommy. Picture me jumping up and down with a yellow antelope/cow/weazel toy squeaking it like crazy and yelling "BOO WHOO YAY YAY YAY!" Yeah, that happened. For like an hour)!  I'm so excited to see how they turned out.

And on to our growth anecdote for the day.  This one's about Caleb today again because I realized I hadn't written about this BIG milestone yet. Tooth brushing! We've been doing it for a little while, but just today I got to watch for a little while as Daddy tried to brush Caleb's teeth in the bathtub. I've done it a few times but Daddy's recently been owning this little task.  And often he can actually get Caleb to laugh as he does it.  Sometimes the little dude's not really feeling it so he'll pull away or bite at the toothbrush more than anything.  But sometimes he just smiles as we brush those two little teeth.  It's the cutest thing in the world.





Ben leaves tomorrow...wish us luck!!!

Grace's closest attempt at crawling yet!

The one thing that motivates her to try to crawl the most is that darn binky! She's addicted!!
Mommy gave in and let her have it...it was just too sad watching her grunt and struggle to get to it! :)


Caleb loves Daddy play time!

Look at that eyebrow raise :)




This cracked me up! Tayla just let Grace examine her paw...and then she even tried to put it in her mouth.  That girl will put ANYTHING in her mouth!

Holding hands...

And this is when Tayla had enough.

It's a twin thing. There is no keeping germs to themselves.



Come back! We're not done with you, Daddy!

Hahaha! Plumber?





Delicious bath towel. Sleepy boy.

1 comment: