Sunday, June 10, 2012

Growth #9 - Just Keep Swimming!

It's been too long since I had these babies in the pool! Today was a beautiful, albeit hot, day and our pool is finally warming up a bit so it's realistic to consider trying it out.  My Mom and Grammy came over this morning to see the babies and we all decided that we should take the babies in the pool for the first time! I tested it out with my hand and it felt alright, so we suited them up, swim diapers, sun hats, and all, and went for it.

Unfortunately, it was a bit colder than I thought and Caleb wasn't digging the whole chilly water scenario.  Grace could care less and seemed to really enjoy being out there! As soon as Caleb got used to it, he joined in on Grace's sentiment it seemed. 

It's adorable, Caleb loves it when Daddy blows bubbles right by his face and sometimes even dips his mouth in to imitate! He eventually even started splashing in the water with his hands!  Grace spent most of the time pretty relaxed, sucking on the tie for her sun hat.  I'm telling you, as long as she has something in her mouth, she's good to go.

I am so, so glad that we took them in the pool the first time while my Mom and Grammy were there. My Mom is the one who taught me how to swim, so this is such a special thing for me.  She and Grammy also got some fabulous pictures that we never would have been able to capture on our own!

I can't believe our littles are old enough to go splash around in the pool.  Just think what a few more months will bring...by the end of the summer, I bet they'll be dipping under and splashing all over the place! What an amazing life this is!

Getting ready for the pool!

Stylish little water baby!

Absolutely not loving my choice in hat...

That's better, Mommy.

My swimmers.





Testing out the waters...a little slow at first.

Getting used to it.

The Haley Family!

He liked this game, bouncing up and down in the water :)

And bubbles with  Daddy!

She's already got a great kick!



Under the umbrella


Daddy's bubbles are entertaining :)


Loving the hat strings...





Drying off with Nana!


After swimming, the babies needed some more Daddy laughs!


And here are some other great shots before the big swim!












Gracie and Grammy! :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG.
    NUMBER ONE... are those leg warmers!!!!!!!
    NUMBER TWO... that is the cutest dang hat i have ever seen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete