Woke up this morning and Grace had a fever of 101.1, so no daycare for today again. Ben bit the bullet yet again and stayed home so I could go to work and get through my marathon day of meetings. I left at 3:15 so I could come home and take Caleb to his helmet appointment, which was super frustrating because there's nothing they can do and his head isn't growing (yes, a little concerning, we know) so there's no change. They are supposed to be seeing us every week so they can shave down the helmet in the areas where his head is growing and it's getting too tight, but that has yet to happen. :( I decided to keep him in the helmet another week and see what happens. One day at a time.
He was coughing all the way to the appointment so I decided to call our pediatrician to just get their thoughts on his progressing cough. Plus, I needed to chat with them about the therapy and some insurance stuff. I also wanted to review Grace's lack of improvement and see what they thought.
Basically, they thought none of it was good and they wanted to see Caleb right away and either see Grace tomorrow if her fever still was lingering or today if it was easier for us. So I swung by the house and Ben brought Grace out so I could just take both of them. We got to the doc's around 5:15 and were finally seen around 5:45. Both babies were angry and neither of them wanted anything to do with this doctor (not our normal ped).
Turns out Grace now has an ear infection in her left ear and a developing problem in her right one. They also confirmed that Caleb has croup again and gave him some steroids. I guess the one good thing about Croup is that it should be a lot better in just a couple of days. The ear infection just needs some antibiotics, but they're putting her on a ten day dose because it was only a little over a month ago that she had her previous ear infection.
Ugh.
Last night was awful. Caleb woke up at some time in the middle of the night, I seriously have no idea anymore. He was basically up all night. It was Ben's night but we were both at a loss for what to do. I held him and rocked him, sang to him and shush'd him. He just kept screaming. We changed his diaper, fed him, brought him into bed with us, but nothing worked.
He finally fell asleep just to wake up about an hour or so later. Ben brought him back into our bed where he fussed for a long time and then passed out. About 30 minutes later, Grace woke up and we were up for the day.
Exhausted. Completely spent.
Oh, and both nannies that we were excited about have officially fallen through. Back to the drawing board.
We need some prayers- we're all just on edge right now and a little confused about why all of this is happening. I know there's a reason, I just need to find it. And breathe. Just breathe.
| Caleb demonstrating his wicked strong arm muscles! Yay therapy! |
| C'mon buddy! Push up! :) |
| No. No more work, Mom. |
| She was quite the fuss pot today, apparently. Incredibly needy right now, poor baby. |
No comments:
Post a Comment