I'm not gonna say it was easy- planning and setting up for a party is a lot more work when there are two little ones to take care of at the same time, and one in particular who wants to be held or be crawling all over the place the entire time the setting-up is taking place.
But it was oh so worth it. It felt really good to have people over and to almost be normal again, not living in purely survival mode!
We cleaned the entire house, top to bottom, got the yard landscaped, bought some delicious appetizers and made some tasty desserts. My parents were awesome and picked up the main food so we didn't have to do any big cooking or even go get it on the day of, so that helped a ton. But we really did some party planning and it was a lot of fun!
I'm exhausted, so I'm not gonna go into any details. But I'll leave you with a few tidbits from today:
1. The babies did really well with solids again today. Grace still won't eat avocado, but she tried a few whole peas (a little smushed because I'm paranoid) and I think maybe even swallowed a couple. She ate her cheerios like a champ though. And Caleb ate a ton of cheerios, level three baby food, avocado and even some peas! He still can't get it into his own mouth very well, so I fed him by hand.
2. The littles were rockstars at the party. They both fell asleep in other people's arms which was a much needed break for Ben and I! Plus, it was super cute. :)
3. We really liked the nanny from tonight's interview, so hopefully after she meets the babies tomorrow we will actually have our nanny! She lacks some of the experience and education that we were looking for, but we really like her enthusiasm and passion for nannying. We'll see how tomorrow goes, hopefully she can pass that test! We might be able to negotiate some of the pay rate as well, because she's charging a bit much for us. Again, we'll have to see tomorrow. We're still going to do the other nanny interview tomorrow night after this nanny comes back over, so we have a back-up.
4. THE BABIES SLEPT LAST NIGHT! They really, really slept. The first real wake-up was at 4:50! That's unheard of recently. It was Caleb and I decided to give him a binky (he hadn't had one all night) and he went right back to sleep for an hour and a half! Grace woke up around 5:30 and I gave her a binky and she went back to sleep, too. Caleb didn't wake up for the day until 6:30 and Grace didn't wake up until almost 7! Glorious!
5. Of course, I couldn't sleep. After the 4:50 wake up I coudn't stop thinking about work, party planning, the nanny situation... I was up for the day. Boo.
What a fun day! We'll definitely do another party soon! And I'm feeling much more confident about hosting their first birthday party now!
| AHHH! The double top knot! :) |
| Now she really looks like my little bug! |
| Getting awesome at the sippy cup skills by the way |
| Sharing the jumper |
| Gracie slept on Aunt Nicole for a while, Caleb fell asleep with Nana! |
| Uncle William and Uncle Britton with the babies! |
![]() |
| William with his nephew and niece! They loved hanging with him! |

No comments:
Post a Comment