So let's recap the day because there's a lot to talk about. I got to spend last night in the hospital because Amy needed some sleep. It was my first night by myself as Amy always takes hospital duty because we've just decided that she really really needs to be there. She also does an awesome job asking questions and handling the stress so overall it works. However, I was very happy to get a chance to take care of Caleb last night. It was a rough night that had me up at 4am with the little guy as he fell in and out of sleep. I just held him in a chair next to his crib from 4am until 8am. He had such an awful cough and he would wake up every 30 minutes or so and hack up a little baby lung. It was incredibly sad.
Around 8:30am nurses, doctors, and pediatricians started to file in and out. Little man was so content to be with me but everytime someone else came near him for something as simple as checking his breathing he would cry and scream. He's been through a lot these last few days and is certainly not a fan of the hospital. Mommy showed up around 9am which was a very welcome sight as I was in desperate need of a break. She held Caleb and I gave her the quick rundown of everything I had heard from the doctors.
Apparently Caleb had the very early signs of a blood infection, which had we not caught as soon as we did could have turned into something very serious. At this point antibiotics should take care of it and we can put that behind us. Now onto the febrile seizures and everything neurological. We are yet to talk to the neurologist but we've gotten some early information and so far things are looking pretty good. First, his EEG came back completely normal so we can rule out epilepsy. His M.R.I. results also don't seem to show anything to conclusive other than benign hydrocephelus (which I will let everyone Go.ogle) and some parts of the brain that are slightly less developled than they should be at this age. However, from what we've heard so far therapy should help us to make up any delays in that area. Overall, this all seems very promising and much less concerning than million horrible things that were floating around my head yesterday.
We will make sure to follow-up with a complete update tomorrow and this time I'll let Mommy write because she is definitely better at documenting the medical stuff. She will probably also want to add a little more detail about how the EEG went and the baby speech/eating specialist we saw today.
Now because we do have twins I don't want to leave little Gracie out of this post. It's so sad that being with one baby right now means we're missing the other one. I didn't get to see Grace until I picked her up from daycare today and right when she saw me she gave me a huge scrunchy nose smile. So cute! Then we came home and just hung out in baby jail until it was time to put her to bed. She has become quite the little crawler and it is nothing for her to crawl all the way across her play area....especially if she's on the hunt for a cell phone. She always wants what she's not allowed to play with. She also has gotten really good at pulling herself up into a standing position. Are we going to have a little walker soon?
Okay now onto just a few pics. I left the camera at the hospital so all we have are a few cell phone pictures.
![]() |
| Little Man getting an EEG |
![]() |
| Baby Dreadlocks! |
![]() |
| Extreme Gracie Close-Up |
![]() |
| Look at this little Boo Bear |
![]() |
| Dad!!! Give me that phone!!! |
![]() |
| I'm a stander...reaching for phone |






No comments:
Post a Comment