Daniel got to hang out with the littles and even help feed little Miss Gracie. She was pretty cute just checking him out for a while, making sure he was ok. Caleb was of course perfectly happy to be held by him and play. Grace took a little while to warm up, but then she was all good with him feeding her and everything!
Unfortunately, the fun times didn't last. They both took their bottles and Grace passed out in Ben's arms. As soon as her head hit the crib mattress though, she was awake and upset about the whole situation. It was the same scene as the afternoon nap today- refusal to sleep, standing up in the crib, chucking her binky, crying like there's no tomorrow.
Caleb pretty much failed at bedtime from the get-go. He chewed on his bottle more than anything and then when Grace started crying, he was more interested in listening in than trying to sleep. I put him down awake and then the dual cries began.
To make a long story short, we ended up sending Daniel home and Caleb didn't go to sleep until after 9:30. Grace passed out finally around 8:30 or so. We think Caleb might be having some tummy pain from constipation. We tried to give him a little prune juice to help, but nothing. He eventually just tuckered out after hanging out with us for a while and watching the Olympics. He cried for a while, though, poor little man.
I think we can safely say we're in the 9 month sleep regression. I've heard this can last for a couple months, in which case Mommy will have completely lost her mind. Hopefully that's not the case for us.
The rest of the day was pretty good today. I took Grace out on some errands and Caleb stayed home with Daddy. The morning nap was good, but that's only because they both fell asleep on the bottle and then were easily transferred into their beds. Grace completely missed her normal afternoon nap because she screamed for who-knows-how-long whenever I would try to leave her in the nursery. Caleb took about 30 minutes to fall asleep for the afternoon nap but finally did. Then Grace passed out on the bottle in Ben's arms at 4:15 which I'm sure didn't help her bedtime routine...
I'm a little nervous about what tomorrow's routine is going to look like now. But I'm much more worried about tonight. I'm so tired. I know that sleep is pretty much not in the cards for me, though.
| So cute. |
| Ditto. |
No comments:
Post a Comment