Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Story #29 - Baby Gate Boo Boo

First- are you kidding me with this picture?


I mean, her finger is actually IN his ear.  She's a very curious boo bear... and apparently he's a very laid back butros.

So anyway, the real meat of today's post is about the drama that is baby gates.  Why is it that one can't just buy a baby gate and have it actually work?  Why can't one buy a second baby gate and have that one work, either?

We've purchased three baby gates and only one has actually worked for our house.  How frustrating! I will say that the one gate has really made life quite a bit easier.  But if we can actually find a gate to fit the openings between our kitchen/living room and the dining room as well as the kitchen and the hallway, that'd be fantastic.  We wouldn't have to move our furniture around to keep Gracie confined to the safest spots. 

Ben pretty much lost it tonight when he spent way too long trying to get the "extra wide" gate that came with several extensions to fit our in-between hallways length.  Apparently it's not extra wide enough...but also not narrow enough to fit standard gates. Argh!

Haha, I think sometimes when we get stressed about life, it's the little things like this that really set us off.  That and the cat deciding it's a smart idea to meow as loud as she can right by the babies' door just as they're falling asleep.  That'll set me off every time, though. ;)

Today was busy for me. I spent a lot longer at work than I usually do, so I didn't actually get to see Jessica at all.  I left before she got there and came home after she left.  I did get some good time with the babies before and after work, though.  And I was a VERY happy camper this morning when I woke up at 6am to realize that it was the first time the babies were waking up since last night!! Yep, they slept through the night (minus a couple of crying spurts around 8pm that required binky replacements...but we don't count that because we were awake anyway). Yay! Good job, babies!  Now I'm gonna go mess it all up with our crazy Friday night.  That's how it always works. Ha!


This is the big therapy move for the week- what we're supposed to work on for homework.  Getting him to lean on his arms to the side- it's a transition move for both sitting up and moving to crawling!


The beginner crawling stance.  We're supposed to sit him back on his heels so he doesn't have as much weight to bear on his arms.  Baby steps, bubba! Good job!!!


She loves that Hug-A-Bible! AMAZING! :)

Pretty ladybug!

No comments:

Post a Comment