What a fun evening!
It truly was a pretty cool experience, and was quite the honor- especially after hearing about the accomplishments of those I was being inducted alongside!
The babies did absolutely awesome! We had no meltdowns and only a few fussy spots. I am SO grateful that we had the support of our stellar family to take the babies during the ceremony or help hold them when they were getting squirmy out at the football game. Our fun night could not have happened without Uncle Brian and Aunt Nicole to take the littles back to the back of the ceremony and play around while the speeches were going on. And Nana and Papa to hold the kids at the bbq, the ceremony, and during the football game to keep them happy. And Auntie JJ to entertain both of them and walk Grace around the gym after the ceremony. And Kate and Everett to be the best babysitters with their endless energy! Oh, and Ben- he's so, so great with our kids. I'm a lucky woman!
The only thing that was unfortunate about tonight was that it was August 31st and therefore a horrific sauna pretty much everywhere. I was sweating profusely for about 3 hours. And the babies were no better off. We had ice packs and cold water, anything to try and keep them as cool as possible. But it didn't work out all too well, they were both sweaty and rosey cheeked most of the time.
But I'm SO proud of them. Not only were they awesome all evening, but they passed out on the drive home, then let us wake them up to get ready for bed, took bottles, and pretty much passed out without much trouble! YAY! Grace was a bit easier than Caleb. After his short car nap he wanted to play, but he calmed down pretty quickly and I put him down awake without a peep!
Awwww, breathe in the possibilities of an easier bedtime! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe one day they won't need such a rigid bedtime routine at all!!!
Here are some good ones from today. I'll come back and post more once I get some of the shots that everyone else took tonight!
 |
| Daddy stayed home with the babies today because Aunt Becky came into town and had a chance to come spend some time with them this afternoon! Gracie apparently had been awake for a bit too long after her 5:45am wake-up call this morning and couldn't stay awake on her mid-morning bottle! :) |
 |
| She licks everything! Including the side of the truck that the whole family rode around the football stadium in during the hall of fame parade! Ew! |
 |
| Crash! |
 |
| Hey, that Sophie looks pretty tasty Grace...I've got this little teething toy... |
 |
| ...Here, let's trade! |
 |
| At the bbq before the ceremony at my old high school! ...it was 105 degrees... |
 |
| Dinner time in the stroller! |
 |
| Grace, let's not grab the spoon when we're trying to eat out in public...that could be a hot mess! |
No comments:
Post a Comment