Really it was our fault. We let them fall asleep in the car on the drive home from Caleb's helmet appointment around 5:00, so it was nearly impossible for them to fall asleep at 6:30. But we tried anyway.
They both were actually acting really drowsy. Caleb pretty much refused his bottle and started screaming, so I gave him a binky and he almost passed out. When I decided to try one more time to get him to eat, he woke up completely and was up for another two hours.
Yeah, big mistake on my part.
Grace just wasn't having bedtime at all. She wanted to fuss, play, sqwak...anything but sleep. She finally fell asleep after a lot of lying her back down while she kept standing up in her crib to cry around 8:30.
I will say that in those two hours, the babies got really happy and wanted to play...so we gave in and did some playing. They were super giggly and really cute, until they got overtired and turned into their usual bedtime personalities. It's a fine line we're walking over here...
The rest of today was a bit hectic. The babies slept in after Caleb woke up at 3am and wouldn't go back to sleep. Ben brought him into bed with us and both he and Grace slept until 7am...which meant Ben and I were REALLY late to wake up for work. We don't use an alarm clock, we've just relied on the babies for that. Uh oh!
So it was speed mode this morning. Jessica showed up at 7:20 and we had luckily fed both babies by then. Then we got ready for work while she hung out with the littles.
Then Caleb had a helmet appointment at 4:00 so Ben and I left work early to pick them both up and drive down to Phoenix Children's Hospital. But with me trying to get out of work early and then getting the babies ready and the nanny out the door...there was no chance. We were about 15 minutes late.
Oh, and the appointment was worthless. We had the "helmet technician" that I really don't like and she just spouted off some opinions about Caleb's head, agreed that his head is obviously not growing quickly enough for the helmet to have a big impact, but felt we should wait and ask the neurologist tomorrow about it.
I'm super nervous about that appointment tomorrow. It's our second opinion and I am so hoping that we have a better conversation this time than we did with the last. If it's not great news, hopefully they can talk to us more about it so we can better understand. But I'm really hoping for some good news!!!
What else am I hoping for? Another good night's sleep by Gracie AND the little man joining in this time. A girl can dream, can't she?
| Super Baby! |
| Look at how long her hair is getting! Playing with Jessica! |
| Daddy, it doesn't matter what you do. I'm not going to sleep for at least another hour... |
| Did you hear that Mommy? Just give up now. |
| Mommy tickling Caleb when she should be rocking him to sleep... |
| I'm not a miracle worker. But I AM a good tickler :) |
| Wait, is that your binky buddy? What's going on here? |
No comments:
Post a Comment