Keeping it short tonight, I'm too tired!
I hardly got to see the babies today. They slept in late because they both had rough nights and then I spent an hour and a half with Caleb at the doctor but had to stay at work late so I got home around 6:15, just before bedtime.
They both got a bit grumpy right before dinnertime but perked right up after a little food. Dinner time with Daddy is always fun!
Caleb's doctor's appointment went much better than the last neurology visit. This doctor really took the time to talk to us and ensure our questions were answered. He wants to continue to follow Caleb to hopefully help find out what's wrong because he couldn't pin point anything today. That's actually a good thing, we were worried that he'd see the MRI, examine Caleb, and come up with a diagnosis similar to what the other neurologist found. But instead, he reviewed the MRI, pointed out one concern, but otherwise said that he doesn't see any other problems.
His exam showed obvious delays- Caleb's developmental is sitting around a typical 5 month old level. There is something going on to cause it, but the doctor didn't see any of the tell-tale signs and markers of some of the issue we were worried about.
Therapy is going to be helpful and continuing his monitoring and testing will always help to uncover more information for us. But the common theme is that there is really no way to tell what will be for this little man.
I'm ok with that. Because I know just how awesome his future can be, and I'm willing to wait to find out what that holds.
When I got home from work, they were both in their high chairs hanging out. Grace was pretty cute reaching to be held and when I got her out of the high chair, Caleb started doing the same type of thing! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment