Monday, August 27, 2012

Story #27 - Grace Licked My Knee...

Today's story is brought to you by Grace's tongue.



There really isn't much else that needs be said in this moment. 

I'll give you a few more moments to take in that photo...just breathe it in...

Ok.  So, Miss Gracie has somehow become the family puppy.  Not only does she love to chew on shoes, but she's also found herself licking pretty much anything nowadays.  Yes, including my knee. 

She fell face first into my knee after work today while we were playing on the floor.  So, the logical thing to do in that circumstance?  Well, go ahead and give it a taste, of course! She proceeded to suck on my knee for a few moments before moving on.

And her complete obsession with our cat is very puppy like as well.  As is her need to playfully pounce on said cat at any chance.  The cat's reaction is similar to what we would see if a puppy was frolicking about our home on any given Monday evening...

This precious boo bear has taken on a whole new level of curiousity.  She's no longer content to hang out on the carpet in the living room.  Nor is she pleased with the new gate that locks her into the playroom when it's time to chill in one space with the family. She wants to explore! To open things! To shut things on her fingers and then cry about it for the next five minutes!

To Live Life!

Our little puppy baby.  She's the most adorable handful in the world.

Today was a good day.  I found out that our perfect therapy schedule was a complete falsity, of course- nothing's ever that easy.  The physical therapy office assured us that Wednesdays at 3:15 work perfectly, so we set up speech/feeding therapy for Wednesdays at 4:00.  And then tonight I got the call that our therapy is actually only going to work on Tuesdays at 3pm unless we want to do 8am or 2pm on Fridays.  So, hopefully I can get ahold of the speech pathologist tomorrow and try to move her to Tuesdays at 4... 

The bright side is that Caleb's first PT is tomorrow!!! I'm SO excited to see what she can teach him/us. Mr. Caleb is really working hard at moving.  He's rocking onto his sides and using either leg to try and tuck up and push himself a bit! Yep, BOTH legs now. He was only using his right before, but today I saw him rocking and tucking his left leg as well.  If we can get him to figure out the whole arm-pulling thing, we're golden!

I was back-to-back at work today literally from 9am-4pm, so I ate a very quick lunch on the run from one meeting to another at 3pm...I will say that the days FLY by when those schedules happen, though. All of a sudden it was time to go home...my favorite time of the day! :) I have a big day at work on Friday, and then I'm coming home early so we can all get ready for our big night out! I'm being inducted into my high school's hall of fame on Friday night so the babies are going to have their first night out well past bedtime.  They'll be at the bbq, the ceremony, and then the high school football game probably until around 9pm! I wonder if they'll sleep. I wonder if they'll meltdown.  We can leave pretty much anytime we need to, so there's always that backup.  And there's the car that should calm them down.  I need to figure out what we'll do with their dinner and last bottle though. Do we feed it to them at the game and then let them pass out in the car on the drive home? Do we feed them at the bbq then try to hold off the bottle until we get home? That seems like too late... Oh logistics!

Aunt Becky is coming into town on Friday, too!!! She hasn't seen the babies since they were a month or two old so this should be awesome. She's hopefully gonna come to the ceremony with us and hang out with the littles and my fam!

In the meantime, I have about a million things to do at work before the end of the month/week and then about a thousand things to do to get the first birthday party stuff rolling. Oh, and I'll go ahead and try to lose 20 pounds before the end of September as I take my first trip away from the babes to go see some of my best friends for a bachelorette party!!! I'm SO excited, incredibly nervous, and really wishing I didn't let myself put on those last ten pounds as I stress ate and neglected any form of working out... Oh well, I'm gonna live it up and have a blast! But oh how I'll miss these two cuties...

PLAY with me Caleb!

Look, put your hands up like this! It's practically a roller coaster ride!
Wait, like this?

Yeah, like this!

Ok, I can do that, Gracie!
 (In my mind, the babies call each other nicknames regularly like Gracie, Boo Bear, and Grace Face along with Mr. Caleb, Bubba, and Broseph...)  ;)

Chomper shot!

Happiest.Baby.Ever.

Uh, maybe you put down the camera and come pick me up?

Do you see that tucked leg? Yeah, he's gonna figure it out soon I just know it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment