Sunday, May 13, 2012

Daddy Month - Day 13 - Happy Mother's Day!

First, let me say a Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there that follow our blog including my Mom, Mother-in-law, and Sister-in-law.

Now on to Amy or as she will be called throughout the post Mommy!  We will also have a couple of guest posts coming from Caleb and Grace because they want to give Mommy a shout out, so they told me what to write before they went to bed.

Today was Mommy's first Mother's Day and we tried to make a special one even with a mildly sick baby and absolutely no time to plan.  First, Mommy got to sleep in until 9:30am which is a huge deal because I don't think she's made it past 8am in a year.  Next, she opened cards from Grace, Caleb, and Daddy.  Grace got a card with a princess and a queen on the front and it was really cute.  Now Caleb on the other hand must have been a little confused but we'll give him a break because he can't read.  He actually got Mommy a card that said "Honey" at the top which he must have mistaken for Mommy.  I have to give him the benefit of the doubt though because it did have a small cartoon lion on the front and exploding hearts on the inside.  What husband gets that type of card for his wife?  Anyway, Mommy got a huge laugh out of it, and I told Caleb it's okay everybody makes mistakes ;)  The babies and I also got Mommy a necklace which symbolizes a Mom holding two babies, a book about how to be a cool Mom, some flowers, and a certificate for a new DSLR camera.  After the gifts I think Mommy received the biggest surprise which was the babies had decided despite the crazy crowd they wanted to take Mommy to brunch at Mimi's.  So I drove up and put our name down because it was an hour wait and then came back home to feed and get the babies ready.  Brunch was awesome and the babies didn't make a peep.  It was a great time and I could tell Mommy was really enjoying herself.  That or she had one too many mimosas.

After brunch we decided to continue with our fun little outing and we went to Desert Ridge where we shopped for the next two hours.  The babies were good up until the end when Caleb started to get a little fussy and then he only let out a couple yells.  When we got home Mommy got to take a nap and then we all just played on the ottoman until it was time for baby bedtime.

Okay now I'll hand it over to Caleb and Grace for a few words about Mommy on her first Mother's Day.

Caleb:

Mommy, first I want to apologize for pooping, peeing, and spitting up on you today but it's Mother's Day and it comes with the territory.  I just want to thank you for being the best Mom ever.  You're always there for me and you've done such a good job taking care of me every time I get sick.  No matter how tired or worn out you are you're always laughing and making me smile.  So, happy first Mother's Day to the greatest Mommy in all the land!

Grace:

Mommy, please save me from Daddy, he's constantly tickling me!  Okay back on topic...thank you for taking such good care of me.  I know two babies at once can be a lot for a new Mom but you do such a good job spending time with me and teaching me things.  I owe all of my sitting and nearly crawling skills to you.  You're the best Mommy!  Happy Mother's Day!



And now, because it's Mother's Day and Mommy never wants to forget...it's Photo Marathon Time!

Um. Shirt? Yes. Love.




Could not resist the headband with enormous flower to go with that adorable dress...

Apparently adorable and delicious.

LOVE this picture.


Love this one, too!

Trying to get to Mommy's new necklace :)


At Mimi's!


Daddy pulling double baby duty with mimosas!



Family photo...not easy!



too much :)


About to throw the fish hook on Caleb...


Yeah, they were born at the same time...


First tastes of sweet potatoes...still not digging solid foods much.


Passed out on the playmat! All fun and games until Mommy got paranoid about his arm turning purple...

Nice candid shot. Thanks Daddy. ;)

Still.loves.all.food.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice first Mother's Day. Love the pictures and not only were they born on the same day, Grace "was" the big one! Hard to believe now. I think Daddy is doing a super job of blogging.

    ReplyDelete