I guess now that I’m a new parent the worrying that everyone
told me about is coming to fruition.
I don’t think there is a minute that passes where I’m not concerned
about something going on with our babies.
Amy and I used our lunch break today to go visit the kids and the
teacher said Caleb had a few rounds of EBP which is short for Explosive Baby
Poos or the Big D if you prefer. There
seems to be a little virus that the Haley house can’t seem to shake but it’s
just one of a million things I now worry about on a daily basis.
Grace and Caleb both do this thing now where they let out
really dramatic dry coughs. Is it
whooping cough or the black plague?
Probably not but I still can’t stop worrying about them. I didn’t think this type of thing affected
Dads as much. I thought my general
response would be “they’re babies, they’re resilient” or “just put a bandaid
on it” whatever it was. Instead I would
say I’m right there with Mommy when it comes to worrying about absolutely
everything.
Are the babies developing fast enough? Are they eating enough? Are they getting enough sleep? Is that diaper rash ever going to go away? Why do they have such tiny heads? Why is
Grace so tiny? Why is Caleb enormous?
Why is Grace a little Who? and How come Caleb already keeps a 30lb dumbbell in his crib? And I won’t even start into future worries.
I know these are all normal things to feel and we’ve run all our
concerns past the doctor and she is not even slightly worried. So I guess this is just the new normal from
now until….well…probably forever.
Baby Update:
Amy made an appointment today for Caleb to see a baby helmet
place. Our poor little man has a
slightly crooked head and we’re going to see if he needs a special helmet to
reshape. If so I’m going to see if we
can get something with a Colt’s logo or maybe some lightning bolts!
Grace Face officially held herself in standing position today by leaning on the ottoman with Mommy right behind her when she tumbled down. She also ate all her rice cereal at daycare today!
Mommy Photo Commentary:
 |
| Before heading off to work and daycare |
After-daycare fun with Daddy...!
 |
| Daddy makes such funny faces! |
 |
| Drooly little man |
 |
| Loving play time with Daddy! |
 |
| Show everyone your first two teeth! What a big boy! |
 |
| One of her favorite games right now, grab the nose! |
Daddy and Gracie sharing...
 |
| Oh yay! Sharing with daddy! |
 |
| Mmmm, wait, this is delicious! |
 |
| Hey, I changed my mind. No sharing, give that back! |
 |
| Not. Cool. Dad. |
 |
| Oh ok, I guess if you give me apple kisses... |
 |
| Pretty baby |
Thirty years later you will still be concerned. I try not to worry anymore, just need to feel like they are OK and happy. You both are doing such a great job and it's so nice to be able to look in on what's going on in everyone's life. I love blogs!
ReplyDelete