Today was a typical day at the Haley house. Okay not typical...there weren't any trips to the hospital or emergency pediatrician appointments so maybe we're headed to a new norm. Amy, Caleb, Grace, and I all spent most of the day in a nap rotation. Amy still isn't feeling well so she needed some extra sleep. The babies are...babies so they needed the usual 3-4 naps and then everybody knows about me a.k.a. the "Big Sleep" so there's no need for an explanation there.
Some of my day was also spent trying to figure out how to capture Grace's big moment of fame yesterday. This involved recording the replay of the Dbacks game but to no avail because in the replay they skip over things so there was no Grace to be found. Nana was able to track down a picture from the recording via Grammy's DVR so that's great if nothing else works. I also sent an email to the station that broadcast the game to see if I could get a copy. Who knows if that will work but it's worth a try and something fun we could look back at later on.
Now on to the comedy section of today's post. Poor little Caleb has apparently inherited my lack of coordination. I will say that I started out that way, but after a lot of organized sports I feel okay about my ability to walk and chew gum at the same time. After today though it appears we might have some work to do with little man. He has been watching Grace have the time of her life in her little bouncy chair everyday after we bring them home from daycare. She sits in it and jumps, laughs, and literally has the best time. We usually put Caleb in his bouncy chair at the same time and until today he was content to watch Grace and spin the little sun toy within the chair. So today he decided, was the day to throw caution to the wind and start bouncing away. It was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen and Mommy was crying because she was laughing so hard. I got about five minutes of it on video so maybe I'll post that later. Here's what it looked like. Caleb with a very serious and determined face would flail his arms up and down while throwing his head back. Now this did simulate what would seem like bouncing but the poor little guy didn't bend or move his legs at all. He was completely stiff from the waist down and he looked like he wasn't having much fun but he kept going. I think he probably wondered why Grace enjoyed this bouncy stuff so much because he just looked like he was in pain. I will give him a lot of credit though he kept trying and eventually started moving his legs so I think it's just a matter of time before we've got two little Tiggers in the house.
 |
| I know I'm sleeping....but I have a question |
 |
| This is how Daddy sleeps some times....minus the belly shirt! |
 |
| Notice the bend in the legs in all these pictures |
 |
| Grace on TV! |
No comments:
Post a Comment