Thursday, May 24, 2012

Daddy Month - Day 24 - Staying Afloat...Seven Months Old!

You know survival mode, right?  Yeah, we're there.

It's Mommy again, back from my quarantined nightmare to roam amongst the (barely) living and try to at least slightly help out with what has now been deemed Ben's family...

Yeah, I feel a tad bit guilty about completely checking out there for a couple days.  Granted, I've had probably the worst sore throat I've ever had (including the seven days after my tonsillectomy when I was 20 years old...ouch) which meant talking or smiling weren't really in the cards for me. And of course, the pounding headache that accompanied the feverish flu symptoms wasn't exactly conducive to bending over and picking up a baby...but this is life.  This is how it's going to be now.  And I checked out. Not fair in the slightest to my rock of a husband, the #1 Father of the year award winner (tough, TOUGH competition with my own Father who took it upon himself to put all of his needs and responsibilities on severe shut down to come help the sick and feeble...and earn yet again his righteous spot as "The Papa"...). 

Nevertheless, it happened. I am now tagged as "horrible mother", or to my kids, that lady who went away for a while and now really doesn't smile or play with us anymore apparently...

I still feel like death eating a cookie (to quote the late, great Richard Quick), and I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to speak without a ridiculous slur again...but hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow feeling just fabulous (or less like I died last week) and maybe I can make it into work this week...

In related news, Ben has absolutely earned his Daddy badge this month.  Not only did he rock out Mother's Day, but he has taken it upon himself to be just about everything to these littles in our recent plague-like state.  He, of course, knows all of their medications and when to give them, how much, and the best ways. He figured out how to get Caleb to eat every last drop of his bottles when pretty much no one can.  He's been taking every single night shift and dealing with "sleeping" on the couch with Caleb most nights while we refuse to let the poor sick baby cry in his crib.  But mostly, he's been such an amazingly happy and fun Daddy, even when he hasn't been feeling great himself.  The babies are beyond obsessed with him right now!!! Caleb just has to see him and he gets so excited and usually lets out his deep one syllable chuckle. Grace will wrinkle her nose in her adorable smiley Grace Face fashion whenever he glances her direction.  And oh  how he can get these two to laugh now! It's simply perfection.  No other word for it.

Well, we missed our seven month photo shoot by two days, but got it done today at least!  Here are some of the out-takes (which were by far the majority of the shots this month!)




Umm...missing something?









Happy Seven Months, babies! We're over half way to a year and it's blowing my mind...


No comments:

Post a Comment