Mommy again! Daddy wanted to post today but he's busy being superman and doing his Insanity workout for the 12th day in a row! GO DADDY!
I'm super impressed by his will power so far, especially in the face of what we've been dealing with. I would have given up on the exercise a long time ago...oh wait, I did...and yet he keeps on trucking. And through an incredibly tough routine, no less. He never ceases to amaze me.
I wanted to capture one of my favorite times of the day in today's post. The babies spend so much time at daycare where they don't have jumperoos. They spend their time on the floor on little mats playing with some fun toys or hanging out in front of the mirror. Of course there's a lot of time spent staring at those other tiny people that are crowding the mats or moving about the floor. And then there's plenty of time in their cribs hopefully napping or in their teacher's arms being fed (and recently in a high chair tasting some yummy rice cereal). But never in a jumperoo tasting the freedom of standing without arms to help them!
So when we get home from daycare we usually put the babies in their jumperoos when we need to get a couple of things done. Our babies absolutely LOVE those things! I could just sit and watch them both exploring their new found freedom or the toys that are in front of them. It must be awesome to have a little more control over what they're doing- no help from mom or dad to actually reach the toys or hold them up. Caleb can spin the little sun on his jumper without it needing to be held in front of him. He can play with the rattle without trying to figure out how to hold it at the same time. Grace can jump up and down and up and down without arms wrapped around her chest or the constraint of our own ideas for how high or how much she can jump. And she's taken to this without fear!
She's just recently really started to jump in it and she looks like she's having such an amazing time everytime she does it. Her little feet sorta cross as she's pushing up and then they sprawl out a bit like she's jumping on a trampoline as she bounces just a bit off the floor! She's gotten big enough so she can reach over and touch the side of the jumper, a feat she's been working at for months now! She wrinkles that little nose and goes to town, jumping, reaching, playing with the toys...it's all such a blast. Oh to have that innocent excitement for such wonderful little things! I like to think that I'm easily amused, but I envy them so much. They're such happy little babies- and I'm a happy mama because of it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment