First, I want to comment on the fact that despite all the sickness recently Daddy month in blogland is absolutely flying by. Can anyone else believe it's almost June? Anyway I will write my wrap-up post in a couple of days but have enjoyed blogging quite a bit and will definitely be a more frequent contributor than before.
Okay on to the post which is going to be somewhat of a theme post today because it was a slow day in the Haley house outside of the fact that brushing Caleb's two little teeth makes him giggle....very cute!
I also want to provide a quick Mommy update and basically poor Mommy is still really struggling. She has pink eye in both eyes, a sinus infection, a horrible diaper rash (okay not really) and is on a lot of different medicines. So everyone say a prayer for Mommy because Daddy has to travel for work next week and I can't imagine how bad I will feel if I have to leave her in her current state.
The inspiration for today comes from what Amy and I discovered in our food pantry today. Now let me preface with I am a neat freak (mildly OCD) and our house is usually pretty tidy. Let's just say we're not hoarders by any means. Today however, we noticed a couple little flying insects and started to do some investigating. What we found was what we think was a bag of grapefruit (remember the juice fast?) Now this bag of grapefruit was completely stuck to the food pantry shelf due to the amount of decomposition it had gone through. Pretty gross huh? It just led me to start thinking about all the little less important things Amy and I even have time to think about on a daily basis. I know that I need to pay a couple bills, install some bathroom lights, clean-up the backyard, renew the registration on the truck, read a book for work, spray the yard with weed killer, start the baby 529 plans, and a ridiculous number of other things. All I really ever want to do on the weekends or after work though is play with the babies and spend time with Mommy. Before the kids I was incredibly organized and I was pretty good about not procrastinating. Well, not anymore and like all my other posts that discuss this crazy new life I wouldn't change a thing. So here's my promise that I can look back on someday not to get wrapped up in the little things and always focus on what's important.
Mommy picture commentary:
 |
| Mommy looks like a vampire. Not.good. Someone please fix me. |
 |
| I think he's starting to teeth again!!! Aaaah! :) |
 |
| Getting so big. Slow down little man, slow down! |
 |
| She was giving Ben the cutest face while he was taking pictures. She went from happy go lucky bouncer to this... |
 |
| Can you say puppy-dog-eyes? Yeah, Daddy's a goner. :) |
Oh mommy! I'm so sad that you haven't been able to kick all this sickness away. I remeber what I used to do when you couldn't get over an illness. "Shut-up and swim!" What a crummy dad I was. Let me know what I can do to help.
ReplyDeleteLuv ya!
remember
Deletesorry, I apparently can't type.