Sunday, May 6, 2012

Daddy Month - Day 6 - Babies Perspective

So here we are at day 6 of my blog writing and I bet you're ready for a couple guest posts.  Today just to mix things up a little bit I decided to let little miss Grace and Mr. Caleb talk about their day at home with Mommy and Daddy.  I'll add pictures along the way because without them you might not know what's going on.  I mean they are babies so they don't exactly know everything just yet.

Grace:

Hello World, I'm Grace, Grace Face, Boo Bear, or Tiny Butros!  Mommy and Daddy call me a lot of different names but I'm almost positive my real name is Grace.  However, I do have one question that I'm asking Nana the next time I see her.  Nana...What is a Who? 

So I'm just going to take you through my day and I'm going to start with very early this morning.  I slept pretty well last night after probably the biggest poo explosion of my life the day before.  I only woke up a couple of times and I have a new favorite game which is not only do I let my binky fall out of my mouth but now once it's out I like to chuck it out of my crib.  Then Mommy and Daddy come in and stumble around in the dark looking for it because I'm not going to stop crying without it.  Such a fun game and I can tell they like it because they were laughing about it today.  When it was time to get up Daddy came in to get me....he looks very sleepy in the morning so I make sure I'm super smiley and that always gets a smile out of Daddy.  He took me into the big room with the big crib with no rails and laid me down to change my diaper.  He always tickles me every time he changes my diaper and then he feeds me my first bottle.  Next, even though it was morning Dad grabbed me and we laid down on the couch together.  I was confused because it was morning and time to get up but he was falling asleep again.  Oh well, I said, and went ahead and fell asleep too. 

When we woke up Mommy had Caleb because he had been crying and Daddy didn't hear him.  Shame on you Daddy!  Anyway Daddy took Caleb and the three of us played because Mommy said it was Daddy's turn and then she went back to bed.  Then I went to play on my little mat, practice my sitting skills, and put those tasty birdy feet in my mouth.  A little while after that Mommy came out and we all played together until Daddy said he was going to go take a nap.  What's a nap?  Why does Daddy always get to take one?  I have a lot of questions and one day I'm going to get answers.  If I know Daddy though a nap is probably something very productive and difficult to take. Go get 'em Daddy!

After playtime Mommy put me down to sleep and I love Sunday's so I only slept about 30 minutes.  When we woke up it was time to eat the mushy green stuff again.  I'm not a fan of mushy green stuff but Daddy said it will put hair on my chest....I don't think that even makes sense but then Daddy can be silly from time to time. 

When Daddy came out from his nap he looked like he had been through a battle because his hair was all messy and his eyes looked swollen, but he picked me up and we went into the room where Mommy and Daddy keep the baby that looks just like me.  I danced in front of the other baby and smiled a whole bunch because this is one of my favorite games.  I will say though that I'm very happy I get to be in the rest of the house because that baby seems to just be stuck in the bathroom all the time.

Next, I ate another bottle and fell asleep in Daddy's arms...he's very comfortable!

When I woke up Mommy was home again because she had gone to get a pedicure and yesterday she left to get a massage.  I'm so glad Daddy calls me a Princess too because this means one day I get to do that fun stuff.

The afternoon was spent finishing another bottle and then Mommy and I fell asleep on the couch together.  She fell asleep with Caleb last weekend so today was my turn. Yay!  After our nap, Caleb and I played on the big crib with no rails together before Mommy tried getting me to eat some more mushy green stuff.  I don't know how many times I have to not eat it before they stop feeding it to me.  I hear we're moving on to different green mushy stuff soon so maybe that will be a little tastier.

After another bout with food Daddy fed me my last bottle for the night but not before putting on my pjs and ending with some before bedtime tickling.  Okay well that was my day and I hope you enjoyed.  Goodnight!

Caleb:

Hello World I'm Hungry...I mean I'm Caleb, Mr. Caleb, Little Man, or Little Butros. I'm very excited to talk about my day today because a lot of things happened including an encounter with a frog that had a bad British accent but I'll get to that later. 

Last night I slept so much better than I have been lately and I think it's because my diaper rash is starting to go away.  It hurt so bad for awhile but Mommy and Daddy have been hard at work changing me all the time and putting this white stuff on my bum constantly.  I'm also starting to like sleeping on my tummy so I don't wake up crying as much when I roll over.  However, I did wake up crying this morning and I cried and cried and finally Mommy came in to save me.  I think Daddy was suppose to but Mommy didn't mind she just came in, handed me over, and then she went back to sleep.  So Daddy changed my diaper, fed me, and put me down on my mat.  On the mat I picked up one of my favorite toys and Daddy started to play tug of war with me.  I let Daddy win because he is always talking about working out and how embarassing would it be if his six month old son beat him.

After a little bit Mommy came out and then Daddy said he was going to take a nap.  Now Grace and I have spoken many times about what a nap is and we will find out one day.  Now it's time for the good stuff!  When Mommy came out she fed us the mushy green stuff....Yay....FOOD!  Now I don't like the mushy green stuff as much as the mushy white stuff but if it's mushy and I can eat it, then sign me up. I really like to get it all over my face and I like to hide some in my cheeks for later because you never know when or where that next meal is coming from. 

After green mushy stuff Mommy put me in the bouncy chair.  I really like the bouncy chair here recently and today while I was in it I was visited by a particularly funny froggy.  He made me very smiley and like I said before he had a very weird British accent.  For those of you wondering... of course I know what a British accent sounds like.  After froggy time Daddy came out from his nap and it was time for another bottle....Yay....more food! Then it was off to sleep again.

When I woke up Mommy was back.  She had gone to get her toenails painted.  I said "you did what?" and then I said "on purpose?"  I'm with Daddy on this one nobody is touching my toes...especially not to put polish on them.  Daddy told me when the girls go out to do that when Grace is older that he and I will stay home and eat meat, burp out loud, and watch sports.  I can't wait!!!

Daddy fed me my Linner bottle and unfortunately it just didn't do the job so I decided I would have two bottles in one sitting.  By the time I was done I had eaten 11 ounces at once and it was delicious but it pushed me into a one hour milk coma on Daddy's lap.  When I woke up I played with Grace on the ottoman and then it was time for more mushy green stuff.  I was not as excited about it this time so Mommy replaced it with the ever so tasty mushy white stuff and I ate the whole bowl in about 3 minutes.  At the request of Nana I'm posting a video of my previous sweet pea-feast below and if you've got a weak stomach this video isn't for you because when I eat...I take it to the house!

After mushy food Mommy put on my pjs, fed me my last bottle and put me to bed.  It was a really fun day and I'm glad I could share.  Enjoy the video!


Sweet-Pea Attack:


Mommy's Photo Commentary:

This is that famous Caleb smile! Smiling so big he can't keep his eyes open!

She still loves her feet and she's even getting skilled at putting them in her mouth while sitting!  Mad skills.

Mommy feeding the babies together (Ben and I are getting into a pretty good tag-team routine on the weekends so we each can get a little down time/get some errands done! He was napping fighting dragons during this meal!)

The sippy cup is as big as her head!

Not digging the peas

Lunging for the peas! GET IN MY MOUTH, SPOON!

Satisfied after another successful meal.  Can you say heartbreaker?

Adorable! Even when she doesn't love the peas, she'll still smile with a good game of peak-a-boo!  (As a side note, it seems like Grace might actually have a bit of an intolerance to peas at this point...cautiously watching. She threw up right after her last attempt at eating them- if you can call one bite an "attempt".  She might just be getting sick again, though.)

Probably one of the cutest playtimes with Caleb to-date.  I just grabbed this frog puppet out of the toy box (thanks Grandma Haley!) and started having it talk to Grace.  She wasn't feeling it so I moved to Caleb and he immediately started smiling! Then the laughs came out and he had officially found his new best friend.  The frog (yes, with a horrible British accent...but what good frog puppet doesn't have a British accent?) was hopping all around and kissing Caleb's cheeks...at least whenever Caleb would let go of him :)

So intrigued by this new talking frog!

I love watching Ben with the babies.  This mirror game with Grace has become a staple and it's adorable how happy she gets!

1 comment: