Well, Caleb has officially gotten on the avocado train and will now eat cubes of it if I feed it to him myself. He can't pick it up, but if I put it in his mouth, he'll usually take it and seemingly enjoy it. There are those times where something about it makes him give a very funny "gross" face and then gag like it's the end of the world, but usually it goes down pretty well.
Miss Grace on the other hand is still vehemently against all things avocado. She will spit it out immediately upon mouth-contact. And the slipperiness of it makes it shoot out of her mouth at record speed!
So, needless to say, dinnertime is pretty fun right now. They're testing and tasting new things...and sometimes enjoying, other times completely repulsed.
| Eeeeeewwwww! Get this green stuff off of my fingers!!!! |
In another story, Caleb was being super cute in his high chair today. Ben started calling out "CAAAAALEEEEBBBBBB" and I'd then call out right after "CAAAALEEEEBBBB!" in a different tone. Well, instead of his usual lack of attention to his name, he loved this game! He would turn his head back and forth from Daddy to Mommy after each of us would call for him! He did it over and over, I was so proud!
In other news, we've officially selected our nanny! Jessica will be starting on Monday and we're really excited...but I don't think we're as excited as she is! She loves the babies already and she was so happy to get the phone call today confirming that we'd like to offer her the position. She's looking forward to watching the babies grow and helping them learn and develop along the way. I think our lives are going to get a lot easier with this added help on hand and she seems like a really nice girl.
Of course, I'm always the paranoid mommy so we're setting up cameras throughout the house, that Jessica is fully aware of, so we can check in on the babies whenever we want to. That was one of the things that I really looked for in a daycare. I wanted to be able to go and watch the babies on camera whenever I felt like it without interrupting their day. I did it a couple of times at the daycares, and I think it's going to be awesome to be able to see them throughout the day from my own desk if I want to!!! The accountability factor is always at play, but it's mainly that we want to be able to see our littles!
| Standing with Mommy! |
| Standing and teething...all at the same time! ;) |
| Boo Bear |
| Doesn't he look so much like Ben? Minus the messy bib...most of the time. |
i think its only fitting your nanny has my name.
ReplyDeleteshe must be some kindof good luck.
i'm sure of it.
-JJ