Gracie figured out how to clap a few weeks ago and she's been a clapping fool ever since! She claps when she's excited and she claps when she wants attention. I catch her clapping when she thinks no one is watching sometimes, and she'll stare at her hands as they come together and make that amazing "clap" sound and then examine them as they come apart and go silent. I can see the little gears in her head turning as she discovers more and more about the world, about her own body, and about the amazing things that she can do!
Ben had taken Grace into the bathroom to get her ready for a bath while I finished up feeding Caleb. After I got him situated, I walked into the bathroom to the sounds of little hands clapping and then big hands clapping. I peeked around the corner to find Gracie clasping Ben's hands as they clapped together in the tub!
Grace's new game is to clap OUR hands together rather than her own. She figured out that she can manipulate our hands as well as hers by simply grabbing our fingers and moving them back and forth. She loves it when I forcefully add a big "Clap" after she softly tries to pull my hands together. That glorious sound is like her ultimate prize! Her little hands make such a tiny little clapping sound, when she gets to hear the big clap by moving our hands together. It's a pretty cute game and watching her get so excited as she clapped in the tub was just another reminder of the sweet innocence of our beautiful babies. They have so much that they're going to learn in the next years, it's truly amazing to watch these steps day in and day out.
We had a sad day leaving our daycare today. When we got there to pick up the babies, their teachers gave us a handmade card that said "Caleb and Grace" on the front in construction paper and then a pop-up "We Will Miss You!" inside with a little note from each teacher. The two who were there when we picked them up were incredibly sad to see these babies go and had a hard time letting us out of the building! They kept asking to hold them for just a bit longer or kiss their cheeks one more time. They are so sweet and I feel truly blessed that we took a chance on that small daycare with the not-so-good first impression! They were incredible to us and I'm sad to leave, although very excited to have healthier babies!!
Here are a couple of exerpts from the notes that their teachers wrote:
"I am so thankful and so incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to care for sweet little Gracie and handsome Caleb! I have grown such a strong love for these two sweet little babies. I'm so sad to see you guys go but excited to see what God has planned for your family. If you need any extra help, please don't hesitate to call me! I'm going to miss you guys!"
"Grace and Caleb! You are going to be missed soooooo much! You guys are precious gifts from God. I am going to miss your teeny tiny smiles. You guys never fail to light up my days! I REALLY REALLY don't want to see you guys leave but I know you will be happier and healthier! :)"
"I have been so blessed to get to know your family! I know this is a good move for your family but I am sad. We will all miss you!"
What a wonderful place with wonderful people. I'll be bringing the littles back to see their "teachers" from time to time while we're away!!!
I only got a few bath shots of Grace today- but they're so cute! I'll get plenty more tomorrow! LOVE the weekends with my littles!
the pic where grace is holding onto ben and looking at you is epic. Prolly one of the cuttest things ive seen in a while.
ReplyDelete