I wish the babies would actually smile during a photo shoot for once!
Unfortunately, they mis-quoted Grace's name as "Claire" and then mis-quoted me a bunch of times about my swimming history...but they also wrote some great points, too! It was a good article and I definitely want to keep it so the babies can see it one day.
Oh, and do you see those funny Grace Face moments? Yeah, captured on film!
Not many pictures from today, just a few that Jessica took during the day. Caleb gave me a bunch of trouble during his first bottle this morning but I guess did fine all day. Then I tried to not feed him at dinner time so that he'd work on feeding himself but it was a huge fail. He got so mad and I just can't sit there and watch him get so frustrated. I tried to put the food in his hand but he would just flail and drop it or push it away. He knows that I'll feed it to him myself now...I've become an enabler! ;) Jessica said that he would pick up some food during the day but couldn't figure out how to put it in his mouth.
I guess he was babbling a lot today, but only when he had something in his mouth. This is his thing now- he talks and talks all day as long as he's chewing on something. If nothing's in his mouth, he'll only cooh and aaah. Very strange! I love that little man.
Grace was really happy all day, too. We've adjusted their schedule so the first nap is later, around 10:00 instead of 9. She's been doing better with that, although now she's fighting the afternoon nap. She cried for 15 minutes today before falling asleep for only about 30.
Not the best sleepers.
But they're doing much better at night. She slept through the night last night, Caleb was apparently up twice. It was my night but I guess somehow I didn't wake up fast enough and Ben got up to replace binkies. The tables have turned!!! He's on it, now! I better stop slacking.
Little Lady is getting really close to walking. She'll hold onto things with just one hand and sort of walk or cruise. She's getting a little bolder and will reach for things while she's standing up! Oh, and today she spent a good portion of the evening trying to figure out how to squeeze herself underneath the couch. It was adorable. She kept jamming her head into the bottom of the couch as she bent down to somehow fit under. When she finally realized it wasn't going to happen for her, she got so upset! We couldn't help but laugh!
Bath time tonight was fun...I got to get in the tub with them for a bit of a change of pace. It's been getting harder and harder to be on the drying and clothing rotation since Grace has become such a squirmer. She will wiggle non-stop to escape, even if she's butt naked and cold. So it was a welcomed change getting to do the fun playing in the tub. I will admit that it's not easy in the tub, either. She squirms there, too. But they're both so happy in the tub! I'm super out of practice though, it took me forever to get them all clean! :)
A few shots from this afternoon...
| Still teething! |
| Water bottles are the best toy! ;) |
Love the photo shoot! You still look awesome in your Stanford stuff.
ReplyDeletelove love love the photo of u swimming in the background and ben sitting with the kids....
ReplyDelete