My new norm- precious little time with my babies. No more letting them play on their mats alone for a little bit while I'm home. I spent the few moments I had with them today hugging them, playing airplane, tickling them, singing to them, and just plain staring at them. It still wasn't even close to enough time.
And this is with them home with Ben, not at daycare. That will add some extra of my precious little time spent loading them into and out of the car...boo. But I'll talk and sing to them non-stop on the drives, so I guess that's a little consolation ?
Work is just a hot mess. My third day back at work will instead be spent at home on PTO. And my fourth, for most of the day (Ben and I will split that day)...and my fifth. Of course, my second today was split between being in the office and being at the doctor's office. Ugh, what a horrible waste of a first week. And I have to feel super guilty about it, too. I know they needed me back, but instead I'm everywhere else but where they need me to be.
I was able to get a few pics with the babies tonight! Caleb is seeming a bit better today, which is awesome since I thought he was just going to get worse. Grace has some spots on her sides and legs...we'll see if it turns into full on Hand,Foot and Mouth like Caleb. And who came up with that name for this virus? I mean, it's literal, I guess. It just seems so awful.
 |
| Kisses! |
 |
| Where did she get those piercing blue eyes and where can I get me some?!? ;) |
 |
| No. Not photoshopped. This is what they look like in the light sometimes. |
 |
| You can kinda see some of the sores here. His face is getting better on the outside, I hope that means the sores in his mouth are going away too! |
No comments:
Post a Comment