Ugh.
I've been in need of some serious detox. My liver is all messed up (I swear I don't drink as much as it seems I do!), my thyroid is all over the place, I'm gaining a lot of weight right now. And to be completely honest, it's because I'm eating like crap.
So that all stopped today. I woke up at 3:30am and had my usual way-too-early-in-the-morning breakfast bar. Then at about 10am I had four mango slices and two pieces of broccoli, and that was my last "food".
We've done three juices so far today- vegetable and fruit combos. Heavy on the spinach and green apples, then some variation of carrots, celery, cucumber, blueberries, pears, sweet potato, kiwi, and tomato. It's not glamorous, that's for sure. And quite frankly, it may be against doctor's orders. But I've had it with waiting- I'm pretty sure that I won't be getting any "normal" blood tests for quite some time, and I just have this feeling that I need to clean out my body.
So I'm going with my gut. And it's hating me for it right now. Goodness, I would give anything for a PB&J, or even just some saltines (I don't want to get into just how badly I want chocolate, candy, cookies...all of it). But this is almost as much about proving to myself that I have the willpower to just.not.put.food.in.my.mouth as it is about detoxing.
I can't say I don't hope that some weight loss will come from this. Added bonus?
I have no idea how long we'll be able to last. Maybe through tomorrow? Maybe through next weekend? I'm proud of myself for making it one day. It would be a lot harder to do this on a work day, so we'll see how that pans out. In any case, eating clean like this can't be a horrible thing. The limited calories I can see becoming a problem, so I won't be doing this for 60 days like some people. But a little flush could work wonders- I'm banking on it.
In other news, Gracie is already doing MUCH better. Ben woke up feeling a little more like himself as well, and all seemed almost right with the world this evening (except that I wanted FOOD). Caleb is in a Daddy phase and is completely obsessed with him. I'll hold Caleb for a bit and he'll smile every once in a while, but as soon as Daddy takes him, he locks eyes and won't stop staring...with a HUGE grin on his face nonetheless! I may be a little jealous, but I'm completely proud. My two men- I'm so lucky that they already have a bond. :)
Tomorrow's a big day! I'm excited to take their 6 month photos (and so glad that it falls on a weekend) and write a little bit about what has happened this past month in my journal for them. Everyday I see them growing and developing new skills. I watched Grace sitting up and pulling a toy to her mouth today- she can sit up without leaning on her hands, now! It blows my mind every single time- every new experience. Slow down, little ones. Slow down. ;)
| Caleb's getting better at sitting up, but not without a little help... |
| Doesn't this look comfy? I want one! Adult sized boppies!!! |
| Bath time with Grace! |
No comments:
Post a Comment