Friday, April 27, 2012

Mommy Month Day 27 - TGIF

I've always loved Friday, I mean, who hasn't?  But oh how Fridays have taken on a whole new meaning!  Being a working mom means weekends are even more special, even more vital to my survival.  Weekends are my baby time.  It's the only chance I have to see my babies play for longer than an hour at a time.  It's the only chance I have to spend some good, quality, non-fussy time with them. 

See, every morning I get maybe 15 minutes with them awake and not in their carseats.  Every evening I get about an hour or two with them...but almost all of that precious little time is during their "Witching Hour", that cursed time where just about anything can set them off, make them unhappy...where nearly nothing is good enough and there is no consoling them.  Of course, I'll take it.  I'll take any time I can get with them.  If that means that I'm spending all of my minutes in triage mode, just trying to keep them from crying or get them to stop crying- I'll take it.  Anything is better than not being near them.

But weekends, oh those blessed weekends. I get to snuggle them, to play with them, to stare and smile and breathe in their innocence and promise.  I get them, all of them, truly them. 

It's my heaven.

So Friday evenings are a little less traumatic.  A little less rushed for every hug and pressed for every glimpse of that fleeting smile.  It's calmer and more real.  It's the beginning of my weekend, my home.



Thursday night, 4/26, Caleb and Daddy at bed time

We love Fridays!

Notice anything? Yeah, Grace grabbed Caleb's binky and put it in her mouth...sharing begins. :)



Look at those eyes! And LOOK at that hair!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sit in the back seat with them on the way to my house tomorrow morning. Then you have time with them and I still get to show them off to all the ladies for brunch! Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete