Monday, April 23, 2012

Mommy Month Day 23 - Teething (duh dum duh dum)

The teeth! They're coming!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Yep, poor little baby Caleb has two teeth just below the surface that started cutting this evening, and he was NOT happy about it.  He screamed bloody murder for about 20 minutes tonight as I tried to feed him tylenol, get him to suck on a binky, a cold teether, anything.  He just screamed the most horrific scream I've ever heard.  Wouldn't let up. I felt so.incredbily.bad for him. 

I saw them coming in a couple days ago as white bumps.  Then yesterday the serious swelling started and the bumps got bigger. Then when we picked him up from daycare, one of the teachers who was carrying over to me looked in his mouth as he was giving her a HUGE Caleb smile and said "Three?!". Yep, poor little man has three teeth coming in all on the bottom.  The third one isn't too close yet, but it's there.  The other two are right at the surface.  She was surprised he was smiling, and apparently he was fine all day.  But when he got home with Mommy and Daddy, after about ten minutes of playing, he lost it.  I think it was the first time they started to cut.  I so, so hope it's done soon!

Gracie sat back and watched a lot of the debacle with a concerned look on her face. She started crying a couple of times (could be because she was sleepy...or hungry, but I choose to believe she was concerned for her brother).  It's amazing to watch them interacting and really aware of each other now!  They smile all the time at one another and they're always reaching for their sibling when they're close.  One of my favorite things ever.

And of course, your juice fast update:  Ben made it as far as his body would take him and had to break the fast for a bowl of oatmeal this morning.  For a big guy like him with all of that muscle, I'm impressed he made it that long!  I'm still going (fairly) strong.  Haven't broken the fast yet.  It's funny, I'm not really that hungry.  This is teaching me quite a bit about my relationship with food!  I have a serious mental addiction, but not a physical one!  My body does fine on juice.  I feel pretty normal, just a little more tired and weak than usual.  But this is coming from a now working, sugar-addicted, mom of six month old twins- I'd say being only a bit more than my completely exhausted state and just a little weak is pretty phenomenal.  And sometimes, I feel a lot better than I had! 

As an aside, I've lost about five pounds since Saturday.  Nice.


Ok, finally, I just wanted to throw this out there.  I know we don't have a lot of time to reach out to many of our friends and family.  I know we don't send thank you cards for all of the wonderful things you've done or sent for our littles.  I know we don't  spend nearly the time we should on connecting with all of you.  There are so many days where I'm just so worn out, so ready to lay down, sit on the couch, turn my brain off...anything but getting up and writing!  But I hope that this blog has served a special purpose to let you into our crazy little world. I write not only for my records and for our children to read someday. I write to let you all in. To show you how much we do care about our "village"!  So thank you for reading and for supporting us even when we don't have the time or energy to give that support back.  Thank you for understanding!

These babies are lucky to have such an amazing village to help them grow!

With that, some cuties of little Gracie this morning:



No comments:

Post a Comment