Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mommy Month!

You guessed it.  For those who know me well, I'm sure you're not surprised.  Today is the beginning of my BIRTH MONTH and I intend to milk it for all it's worth. ;)

Ok, really, a part of that is true.  I love birthdays in general, and yes, I love mine probably a little too much. (Ben has caught onto my obsession and every year gets me a card on April 1st wishing me a Happy Birth Month! This year, he got me a card AND flowers!!! I'm so wicked lucky)

 Last year's birthday was a bust, I spent it in bed on the verge of losing my very few consumed calories all.day.long.  My parents got me a basket full of nausea remedies for my birthday! That was pretty awesome, and I wish more of it had worked, seriously...I really wish.  I would have eaten anything if it could make the dry heaving stop! 

Kids- you should know that your mama went through some serious struggles getting you here healthy! :) So worth it my darlings.

Anyway, the real reason for this month's theme is that I look back at all of the photos (thousands) that we have of our precious children and see maybe six different shots of them with me.  I'm so glad that I have some from both of our professional shoots, but it's not too easy to take pics of myself with them...

That's all about to change!  This month is Mommy Month and I'll be posting a picture of myself with at least one of the babies everyday!  I'm hoping this will be a good way to get in the habit of including myself in some of these amazing pictures of our family. 

I also need to shower more often.  Forced photos of me on the interwebs will likely aid in this goal.


So, if you're here just to see the babies, I apologize for my appearance in each of the photos this month.  :)

I'm also planning on rounding out the Mommy Month with more than just photos.  I'll be talking more about motherhood, the things I've learned, my fears, what I want my kids to know, my experience returning to work, and my goals and how I'm coming along with them.  I'm really looking forward to using this month blogging through my very difficult transition from Stay At Home mom to Working Mom...I think it'll really help me work through how I'm feeling and remind me what's truly important.

Can you also see the hidden agenda of taking photos with my babies every day this month?  I won't be home with them nearly as much, so I'll have an excuse to spend even more time snuggling them so I can get a good shot!

I hope you enjoy this month! If you have any suggestions on topics for me to write about this month, or any tips on returning to work smoothly, let me know!


Mommy And Me:







And of course, Mommy's Boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment