I mean, you see them, wouldn't you want to show them off, too?? :)
I took the babies with me to the Ladies Brunch that my church growing up holds every year at my parents' house. It was the first time that a lot of my church family got to see the twins and it was so, so fun for me to carry them around and watch everyone admire them! They were awesome.
Grace still has her stranger danger that shows up when either there are too many people around or when, it seems, a tall man is trying to get her to smile. Not every time, but a lot of the times I've seen her with tallish men, she has a bit of a break down. It's sort of funny, really. I wonder if it's because she's confused why this tall man isn't Daddy... But other than her few stranger danger melt downs, she was great and super cute!
Caleb was really smiley the whole time and spent some good time cuddling with Nana, which is always good for the soul. Papa also carried him around when I first got there and he loved that!
Of course it was good for me to see everyone as well. There were some people there I hadn't seen since the babies were born and it felt good to catch up and almost feel like my old self...not that I really want to be anything other than Mommy anymore!
This morning wasn't the only outing for today. Nope, Daddy and Mommy got to go out on a date night tonight!!!! Oh it was so needed, we've been so much busier and stressed out since the health stuff, the work stuff, and the "sick" decided to visit...and linger. We went out to dinner at a new sushi restaurant right around the corner (yay!) and went to see The Hunger Games (phenomenal). Thank you thank you to Daniel for coming by to babysit! :) Luckily he got here early enough to see the little ones before we put them to bed. Caleb loved him, lots of smiles! Grace, of course, had a stranger danger melt down, but I think she was too tired. Otherwise, they went to bed and Daniel only had one quick wake up from Grace while we were out. Nice!
So, other than the new uber-fussiness our babies have picked up from daycare, today was a stellar day! I'm just glad there's still one more day of my weekend- I need more baby time!
| Grace and Uncle Brian! |
| She was really smiley with Bri today, it was so cute! |
| Probably my new favorite picture of Grace and I! |
| SO glad I caught this on film- it was adorable. Grace really loves her cousin, Kate. Every time they get together, Grace is always reaching for Kate's face and trying to grab her. :) |
| Caleb's serious play face ;) Get that pink birdy! |
Love the pics! It was so great to have you and the Luckies here with us. Lots of people made comments today at church. No mention of the first ever boat ride though. They did terrific for their maiden voyage!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, how could I forget the maiden voyage! I just loved the pics of Gracie sitting on the boat's table, just taking it all in. :) Oh they're gonna love that boat!
DeleteIt was good for the soul...my soul.
ReplyDelete