Yep, the curse of daycare is upon us. Ben started feeling sick last night and was up all night with the stomach flu. I noticed Grace was particularly tired last night and then she woke up this morning and spit up quite a bit, and then proceeded to vomit four times at daycare. She also, poor thing, had two blow outs and soiled four outfits... The pediatrician said that usually the vomiting comes first, but she's got them both going on at once. I feel awful for her. Ben's still not doing great, either. My poor family! I'm sure Caleb and I are next.
So far I'm ok- I've been dealing with some form of sickness for the last four weeks straight, so I'm really hoping that I don't get it. Caleb just got over his Hand, Foot, and Mouth...ugh, I've heard the first year in daycare is rough. I imagined it'd be pretty bad. But this is worse than I expected. They've only been there for a few days!
Ben and I didn't get to go out on our date tonight for my birthday. We were hoping for a little time just the two of us. Dinner and a movie (I haven't seen a movie in the theater for a while!). Oh well, we'll try again later.
In the meantime, it's Mommy's job to take care of everyone! Taking the littles to daycare by myself this morning was no easy task. They have gotten so heavy in their carriers. I might have to get the stroller out soon if I need to do it alone again. I rearranged the end of my day so I could get out of there quickly to get Gracie when I heard she was struggling. Then it was off to pick up some pedialyte and infant tylenol. She couldn't keep any formula down today, so doc told us to only give her a half ounce of pedialyte at a time, waiting at least 20 minutes between half ounces. That was rough- I could tell she was hungry. But I didn't want her just to throw it all up. So I held her in my arms as she slept between tiny feedings for two hours until about 8pm...not that I minded that. :) I'm sure she'll be up soon for some more- she hardly ate at all today. Hopefully the vomitting is over so she can start to eat again!
Luckily Caleb seemed to have a better day today at daycare- he hasn't adjusted as well as Grace. She's our social butterfly and Caleb has been much more reserved with all of the new sights, sounds, and faces. But today he seemed to be pretty happy when I picked him up. We played together for a long time while Ben held Grace after I brought them home. He's getting so much better at standing up and the teachers said that he's sitting up a lot more during the day as well. Hopefully once he's able to control his body weight a little better he'll feel more comfortable "playing" with all of the other babies and the new toys!
No comments:
Post a Comment