Sure, there's no correlation with me and "mama" yet, but this is definitely a start! And, of course, having a mouth full of food makes it a little easier to transition from making "b" sounds to "m" sounds, that hasn't been lost on me. But I choose to be excited because I'm the mama. And I can!
In all honesty, the most exciting part was just that little man was chit chatting so well. He was really talking it up tonight throughout the whole evening. He would be lying on the floor of the play room and "ga ga ga"ing, and then a few minutes later, it was all about the "va va va"s. He's become pretty proficient with his V sound which is bizarre to me, I would think that's pretty difficult. He tucks his bottom lip in and everything!
I think it helped to have our nanny back today- she's so talkative! When I was home with them over the last couple of days, I was talking a lot, but mostly on conference calls to other people! (Boo, working from home while trying to take care of my kids is nearly impossible...it was a rough couple of days- and I only did half days of it!!!)
Today I spent the morning at the Salvation Army handing out packages of toys to families in need and thinking of how incredibly blessed we are. I was also thinking of how much fun it will be to do this with our little ones when they get older. A co-worker of mine was there and he brought his little girl, probably around 8 years old. She followed him around finding the right packages of toys and handing them off to the runners to deliver to the cars lined up outside of the warehouse. I was very lucky to be a runner so I got to see the people who were so grateful to now have gifts for their kids! We also handed out food boxes and gift certificates to grocery stores, it was pretty incredible!
I can't believe how quickly Christmas is approaching. I can't wait to see the littles ones play with their new toys! I think Grace is going to love her new toys...mainly because she already found the box where they're stashed and started trying to pull the toys out to play with them! Yeah, I think we found some winners. ;)
| Grace helping with the laundry... |
| I'll fold this one... |
| Laughing it up! |
| Still only rocking two teeth...but rocking them well! |
No comments:
Post a Comment