Monday, December 24, 2012

Year In The Life #24 - Anticipation

Oh my gosh, I'm too excited to sleep! Just LOOK!


I'm pretty stoked to see what the babies do when they see that ball pit and oh how I can't wait for Grace to play with her very own vacuum!

I'm mostly excited to get together with the family, have a wonderful meal, and PLAY!

Tonight, we had William and Britton over for Christmas Eve dinner and experienced a Christmas miracle...the babies went to sleep with NO crying!  They slept all the way through our dinner and even gave us a little time to sit together and talk over some wine, and of course watch a little "Christmas Story".

Grace started crying around 11pm, and she's been up a couple of times.  I don't know what tonight will bring, but she's been acting a lot better. Her nose isn't very stuffy or runny anymore! Caleb is still in the thick of it, but he seems to be a lot less stuffy, too.  What a difference this illness is from  some of the last ones (knock on wood!!!).

For Christmas Eve with the babies, we started a new tradition.  We gave them one joint present- a new book- that we read together before bedtime! I love this new Christmas tradition :)

Grace was super cute with it- she hugged her new book and asked me in sign language to read it again and again. Caleb LOVED it, too! He kept smacking it and had the biggest smile on his face as I read it to him.  This year, we got them a board book called "The Very Snowy Christmas". They particularly loved the glittery letters in the title. They were petting the cover for a while. Ha!

I'm not so sure that we'll be able to blog for the next several days. I'll see what's possible, but no promises.  I'll absolutely do a big catch up post next weekend!

Merry Christmas everyone! What a wonderful and blessed year. I hope that you all have experienced the kind of beauty and love that I have in 2012. Indescribable.



Love these belly laughs!

Playing with her old toys...oh if she knew all of the cool toys that await her. ;) Lucky little girl.

Posing for the camera!

Trying to get a shot of those chompers!

His eyes look sick...poor little man.I think he's on the up and up, though!

Chillin, waiting for bath time!

Tayla not pleased that her chair was moved to accommodate a giant fake tree...

Christmas Eve dinner! Hi Uncle William!

No comments:

Post a Comment