Saturday, December 8, 2012

Year In The Life #7 & 8 - Mommy's Night Out

Oh yes, I skipped a post last night because Mommy got a night out! I had a blast hanging out with some of my friends from my Moms of Multiples group.  One of the moms had a Christmas party at her house and it was definitely a great time.  Of course, I'll need to work out double for the next three weeks to burn off all of the food I ate...but well worth it, I think. ;)

Yesterday was a great day because I got to work from home in the morning for a couple of hours before my first meeting in the office.  I knew I wasn't going to get much time with the littles after work because of the Christmas party, so I shared my time in the morning between responding to emails and sneaking out of the office to play with my babies!

Ben was a rock star yet again and handled dinner and bedtime without me last night...so thank you for giving me a wonderful night out! It was a Christmas PJ theme and we did an ornament exchange which was really fun.  They also had all kinds of ridiculous games that were hysterical and some girly stuff, too.  It was good to catch up with some of the MoMs that I haven't talked to in a while, especially the one who invited me to join the group when I was pregnant with the twins- we work together and I hardly knew her, but she reached out to me to make me feel included. Love that!

There's something about hanging out with moms who know what it's like to have twins that just feels comforting.  We're all going through our own stuff, but there's this common understanding.  They've been through the trenches, just like us. ;)

When I got home way-too-late last night, I grabbed the monitor to bring it to my side of the bed (our sign for who's night it is) because I couldn't let Ben handle bedtime AND do two nights in a row.  Unfortunately, Caleb chose last night to wake up at 5am and STAY up.  I was excited when I didn't hear him cry until 5am...and then super bummed when he was unwilling to give into my binky replacing tactics.

But, it meant I got a lot of time with the kids this morning! We played a bunch and I worked with Caleb on the physio ball.  I can't tell you how much better he is at his ball exercises! I hardly have to help him anymore, he can just pull himself right up into a sitting position from being all the way upside down.  Pretty awesome progress, little dude. 

I also worked quite a bit with him on crawling and forced him to follow me from the playroom (over the baby gate all by himself) into the kitchen and over to his high chair for breakfast.  It took us 35 minutes, but he did it!

All the while, Gracie was feverishly trying to steal the binky that I was bating Caleb with...

Grace has been wanting to read more and more lately.  She brought over a few books for me to read to her (the little board books that they got for their birthday!!!) this morning and sat right down in my lap.  She's a lot more patient with it now, too.  She used to hand me the book and then try to flip to the last page immediately.  Now, she'll sit back as I turn the pages and read- or sometimes she'll just turn the pages for me and listen as I read to her.  I love it!
She's been starting to try out some new words and sounds other than vacuum now, which is a welcome change.  She isn't pointing to everything and calling it vacuum anymore! She'll point at EVERYTHING and wait for me to tell her what it is.  Sometimes she'll pick up on something and try to say it- like "diaper"!  She loves to say diaper now, which is pretty cute. :) She's all about the two syllable words. 

Amanda watched the babies this afternoon while Ben and I took our first load of boxes to the rental house down in Chandler! We are SO very blessed to have the opportunity to stay in my parent's rental house while we try to sell ours.  I don't know what we would have done if we needed to find a place to rent or (heaven forbid) try to stay in our OWN house while we sell it. Can you imagine trying to prepare for showings with two one year olds?  You should see their play room after about ten minutes of them playing in it. At least a large majority of their stuff is contained in there!
It was great to get out with Ben for a little bit today. We went to lunch and then went shopping for some temporary clothes for me for Vegas (yeah, I'm not exactly at the size I used to be...or want to be...YET!). ;)  It ws a fun afternoon!

Tomorrow will hopefully be relaxing with maybe some football thrown in.  I NEED to get our Christmas tree up...I'm a horrible procrastinator.  I'm also hoping that the pool repair guys don't come back to do more work tomorrow. We spent the day listening to jack hammers today- needing a little break from that (as do our neighbors I'm sure).

And now, double the photos to make up for my missed post yesterday!

12/7/12:

Serious Caleb

Now THAT's my happy Caleb. Love this shot!

This one cracks me up, too. Doesn't he look like he's planning something.  Like "Hey, watch this..."

Grace's sour face

Clapping at lunch!

She loved her new foods.  Amanda and I went shopping and she picked out some cute new food choices for the babies- like mini pancakes and popped chicken with smiley face potatoes! :)



Ok- this is hysterical! Amanda got this on camera yesterday while we were at work for proof! Apparently, Grace was being super nice to Caleb (she usually beats on his head) and he was LOVING it! So, they both got into it and Grace got really excited...

Hi Brother.  I won't beat you up today. 

See Mom, I love Caleb even if I smack him in the head sometimes!

And he loves her, too! He was SO happy to be playing with her!

I guess she started to get a little extra excited and decided...

...it's time for Caleb rides! HAHA!


12/8/12:
Frequent occurance now in the Haley house.  Caleb stopped in the middle of the hallway playing with whatever toy I was using to get him to crawl out of the playroom by himself.  It's a work in progress, but it's coming along!

No Mom, I'm good here. I don't want to crawl into the family room I've got my keys, you can leave now.

Another frequent occurance recently?  Grace moving our kitchen mat ALL OVER THE HOUSE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment