Monday, December 3, 2012

Year In The Life # 3 - Live In Nanny

Today we acquired a new member of the family...at least a new resident of the Haley household! Amanda had some trouble with her roommates and decided that she needed to get out, so she's going to stay with us for about a week until she can move into her new apartment (which she bought so she can be closer to our new place down in Chandler!!!). 

It was really cute, when she came in, the twins were eating and Grace got a huge smile on her face and started sqwaking at the top of her lungs! Caleb got really smiley too and went from a giant fuss fest into all happy and playful.  What's that about???  ;)

We've been very fortunate to find a nanny who cares so much about our kids and also wants to help our family out with keeping everything so clean and organized.  It's unfortunate that she's struggling with roommates and such, but I think she'll be a lot happier once she moves into her new place. We've had some rough experiences with nannies and child care in general over the past year (seven months) and I'm very glad to feel like we finally found someone long term!!!

I didn't get to hang with the babies much today because I had a late meeting.  When I got home, they were pretty cranky and needed a lot of attention...both at the same time.  It doesn't help that I only got a few hours  of sleep last night (I had to do some work late and then Caleb woke up screaming at 4am...and kept screaming until 6am....).  I'm SO hoping that we're not back to this trend.  Please don't let last week be a fluke.

Ok, quick post, I've got to go make dinner. So here are some lunch AND dinner shots from today :)

I get very serious about my cheerios...

Look how good I am at my pincher grab!

I'm not as serious about my jar food

Contemplating the properties of a sippy cup that allow the milk to not spill out...

No comments:

Post a Comment