| Sooo glad Nana and Papa could come and see us off before the surgery! Papa was drugged up on benadryl...haha. It was his birthday too! |
| Say goodbye to the monster-belly! |
| Grace Irene Haley |
| Caleb Michael Haley |
| Daddy's the first to hold both of them! |
| Friends for life! |
| Going home- 10/26 |
| Mommy gave the first bath at home- little Gracie Mae |
| Had to add this to record how skinny he was...you'll see why later... |
![]() |
| 10 days old |
This year is going to be such a new adventure, and I can't wait to really get it started. I'm not usually big on new years resolutions, but I've made a couple this year that I think are flexible enough to maybe stick with and well...I think it'd be great if I did!
Resolution #1: Try to train for and run in the 2013 PF Chang's Half Marathon again (in January 2013)! When I did it before, it was awesome. I couldn't walk for a couple days afterward, but it was so worth it to know that I had completed a half marathon (and ran the entire thing!). I'd really like to do it again, and with being a new mom to two little life-changers, I think having something to train for is the only possible way that I'll do any exercise or stay even remotely in shape. So I'll start with the Couch-To-5k running program again, which I've done several times, and see where it takes me this time. I'm sure I won't be able to run 3x per week like I'm supposed to on the program, but I can make an attempt at running enough to get mildly in 'running shape'. I have over a year, so hopefully that's enough time to be super flexible so that I'm never sacrificing too much baby-time for any running.
Resolution #2: Create a blogging project for each month for 2012 on this new family blog! I love to write, it relaxes me, it keeps me sane, and it gives me a way to record and remember all of the little things that really make up this beautiful life. I'd love to write some sort of book someday, and this is my little way of starting, or maintaining, that goal for myself. So in order to keep it interesting and keep me motivated to write on this blog (I have another anonymous blog that some of you know about, but that I want to keep anonymous without any pictures of Ben and I on it), I'm going to do a year of bloggin projects!
In order to keep this resolution flexible, I'm going to do this month by month and see how it goes. I know I won't be blogging everyday all year long, there's just no way. However, for my first month of this resolution, and to get the ball really rolling, my project is to blog a picture a day! First, I think this is a great way to get all of you, our friends and family, a little insight into our new world of the "Haley Family of Four"! Second, I'd like to spend this month blogging daily to come up with some good projects that I like for the following months.
I'll try to post a picture I've taken that day so you can see what we're up to in the Haley household. It may just be a photo if I'm super busy or way too tired to write...or if I'm just inspired by the image. Or it may be a nice long post with a photo to cap it off.
I'll also say that I'd really like to get some of you on this blogging journey with me. I've started several blogs, some anonymous, others not. It's been an amazing way to keep people updated on what's going on with me, now with us. And I'd love to have that channel to know what's up in your lives as well.
For those with no blogging experience, it's very simple- just click the link in the top right corner of this page that says "Create Blog". It will walk you through everything from creating or using your email address to choosing your background and color scheme. Then, write a post. Anything from a thought you had that day to an interesting story that happened, or a photo you took, or a link to an article you read on the web...anything that moves you or that you want to share. It'll be a great way to keep us all connected if we don't have the time to touch base or pick up the phone!
So, with that, I'll start off 2012 with a photo I took today of our handsome son, Caleb, enjoying tummy time! He's starting to get the hang of it and doesn't despise it quite like he used to (which is good since our pediatrician gave us a stern talking-to at their two month appointment about doing tummy time even if they hate it...little dude's head was getting a flat spot from being in his bouncy chair and not being on his belly enough, yikes!)
| Look how good I am at holding my head up! 10 weeks and one day old! |
Now, don't forget to comment as often as you'd like (the more the merrier...comments are like little internet hugs!). And if you create a blog, comment with the url so I can follow you (or if you would rather it not be seen by all, send me an email to amyihaley@gmail.com and let me know so I can follow privately). And make sure to subscribe to this blog or come back often to check out what's going on with us!
And, for good measure- he's a picture of Grace last night on New Year's Eve rocking a new bow (this is her funny face- she loves the funny faces, especially the one-eyed pirate squint!).




Yeah! I had a feeling you were going to start posting on this blog. Please keep writing. It is a little taste of my grand babies when I am at work.
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute!