We're giving up on trying to put them down earlier in the evenings right now, they're just not having it. The crying continues...the doctor mentioned colick at the last appointment we had- I was sorta in denial, but I'm giving into it- it seems pretty obvious. We have good days though, with very minimal crying. Tonight wasn't horrible. Caleb was really mad after the 8pm bottle, but when I set him on the ottoman to change him, he calmed down...so he stayed there for a good 45 minutes just hanging out happy as can be. What a strange little man. Grace just needs that damn binky all the time. She's perfectly content as long as she has her binky. If it falls out, her little world just collapses around her. I swore I wouldn't have a kid with a binky in her mouth all the time...but I don't know what else to do. Just let her cry? There's no amount of holding or soothing that seems to replace her need to suck on the binky. Sad. Not all the time, though- she will play during playtime without it almost always and sometimes I can distract her with my funny faces or tickles so that she forgets that she wanted it.
Here was a shot from early early this morning after Grace wanted to stay awake instead of sleep in her crib...but then found that sleeping next to Daddy was WAY better than all of the above:
| How cute is that?!?! |
Oh man friend, I freaking LOVE reading your posts. It makes me feel not alone =) I love you and I can't wait to catch up. I love knowing that somebody that is so dear to me is a new mommy also! Lets find a time when we can meet up and exchange fun stories. Miss you friend!
ReplyDelete