Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 29, is it really almost over?!

Seriously? Is January almost complete? I can't believe it. I've spent a little time today thinking about what comes next on the blog.  I realized that the first two months of these little lives went SO fast, and this third month has really slowed down, given me some time to take it all in...and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I take time every night to reflect on our day, think about what the babies did, how they've grown, what we're living every day.  Because I write about them, I'm preserving these sweet baby moments.  And I'm so in love with that. 

So I've decided that I'll do it again. February will be another month of daily blogging.  I'm not commiting to anything beyond that because each month, let alone each day, brings such newness.  Who knows where we'll be a month from now.  But I'm ready to do this again in February, and honestly, I'm so excited! I can't wait to see what each new day unfolds with our twins, our beautiful babies. 

I'm trying to figure out if I'll do another picture-a-day month, or maybe a different series.  I've thought of a couple things like "Open-Letter-February", where I write a little letter to the babies, or to whatever it is that comes up that day.  Or maybe I'll do "Lessons February" where I write a lesson I've learned or used each day.  Or maybe I'll do "Milestone February" where I focus on their development each day, what they're working on or how they're progressing- they develop so fast! 

I haven't decided just what February will be on the blog, but I know I'll be here everyday, writing about our lives, and about our incredible blessings. 

If you have any ideas, or if you have a preference or just got a little giddy about one of the above, let me know! (If you can't figure out the whole commenting thing, send me an email at amyihaley (at) gmail (dot) com.)

Ok, back to today.  We've been having the hardest time with poor little baby Caleb's naps recently.  It's most definitely the 45 minute intruder. And it's rough. He not only wakes up after 40-45 minutes of sleeping...at EVERY nap...but he also wakes up crying and incredibly fussy until I distract him with my oh-so-witty banter. ;)  I've done a little research on this and it looks like what I technically should be doing is either a) feeding him or b) letting him cry it out (CIO).  I still feel like it's a little too early for CIO...I was thinking four months.  And it's nearly impossible to just feed a baby when they wake up early or just seem to maybe want to snack when there are two of them that need to be on the same schedule.  I could always try to feed Caleb after his 45 minute intruder (which is usually about an hour before the next schedule feeding) and then feed him again an hour later, which would be a snack for sure.  Or I could wake up Grace too to feed her, but then that's intruding on her good sleep (she's been doing a much better job with naps recently) as well, and seems counter-productive.  Uuuuugh, why is this so difficult?!?!  I'm thinking I might try to do the double feeding for Caleb maybe starting the middle of next week if he keeps this up. Then when we hit four months or so, if he's still fighting the 45min intruder, I guess we'll try to CIO :(  I'm dreading that in any form if you can't tell.

Oh, and of course, because little man isn't getting enough sleep, he's really struggling in the evening almost ALL the time right now.  I'm sure there's some gas pains involved too, cuz he's crying a really high pitched screeching cry, like he's in pain. No amount of burping will fix it, either.  Poor little man, I feel horrible for him when he does it.  We just bounce him and walk around with him for hours until this happens:


You want a closer look at that adorable outfit you say? Sure!


Love.

Ok, I'm off to wash bottles (it's my night- Ben and I switch every day cuz it's such a daunting task. That's a LOT of bottles to wash).


This is still early- there are about four more bottles to go in there tonight, lovely.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment