Nana and Papa came over this afternoon, took one look at him and pretty much told us it was infected. So I went ahead and called the on-call pediatrician rather than wait for Monday like I was planning. He felt we should get Caleb seen right away and started on treatment.
So that means we spent our afternoon waiting at urgent care while my parents watched Grace (thank you!!!). Then, we had the pleasure (sarcasm) of administering his first dose of eye drops this evening. Please tell me how to get a screaming baby to hold still long enough to pry his sore eye open and drop just one tiny drop directly into it...then proceed to ensure his eye stays shut for 60 seconds. Yeah, it hasn't gone well thus far.
I'm taking him in to see our pediatrician on Monday cuz I hated the urgent care doc we saw. She obviously didn't have pediatric experience, at least not much of it. She couldn't hold him still to even look in his eye. Both Ben and I had to help her hold him and she still couldn't get it open. Then she tried to look in his mouth- ha. Not gonna happen, lady.
She diagnosed conjuctivitis merely because the .5second glance she got at his eyeball seemed to show it was red. It's definitely a little red, but not totally blood shot or anything. I'm just worried that it might be something else with the fact that his face was red and swollen, too.
Oh poor little Caleb. He's been screaming most of the night- if he's not sleeping. I feel awful for him and just want to make it all better. No such luck right now. We'll see how tonight goes- I think we're in for a long one.
BUT- before we took him into urgent care, he had some good moments and was able to play on his mat with Nana and Papa and show them his awesome head lifting skills!
| You can sorta see the swelling in this pic- but it looks much worse in person :( |
| Well hey there Nana! Nice to see you down here! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment