Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28's Trip to Nana and Papa's House!

Family Dinner Night!  We had a great time down in Chandler with my family...just like old times (with a couple of extra members of the family of course)! Delicious food, amazing wine, and really great company.  I missed those family dinners.  It's hard to get our stuff together enough to make it down there for an evening, but when we can, it's really great.

Caleb resisted sleep all day today, and we had a couple more wake-up-screaming-from-a-nap episodes.  I don't understand what's going on there...but hopefully he'll grow out of it?  Grace slept like a champ today, all day long.  Lots of long naps without much trouble falling asleep. Lovely!

We got a good tip from Ben's dad today that Ben had some allergies to different detergents when he was a baby, so maybe we should try switching up our detergent to help little Gracie! I'm gonna go get some different brands tomorrow hopefully!

Here are some pics of before the trip down to Chandler:


The only position that seems to soothe little man when he's nearly inconsolable (which happened a couple of times during nap time this morning)

I mean, LOOK at those CHEEKS!

I mean, I know she's too small, and it's probably not the safest thing...but she LOVES IT! I only leave her in there for a few minutes and don't take my eyes off of her.

Yum. Jumper.

hi.mom.

And at family dinner:

Papa taking a turn at soothing Caleb...


...it worked!  He loves his Papa!

Grace fell asleep in Aunt Nicole's arms :)  Thanks for letting us borrow your mommy, Everett!

Happy little lady

The babies fell asleep on the car ride home, but of course, Caleb woke up when we brought him in the house (after leaving the car on while taking him out, not shutting the door to avoid waking him up, and keeping the house lights off...no dice).  BUT, Ben's such a rockstar, he held him and rocked him for a good 30 minutes to get him back to sleep so we didn't need to do a double night feeding!  The four of us slept on the couch until about 11:30 when we did the dream feed! WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment