Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4 with Wilford Brimley

From what I can tell, the poopsies are asleep...in their cribs...during the day! I wouldn't hold my breath or anything, but even these five minutes of them being "asleep" (or faking it, whatevs) in their cribs for naptime is an improvement!

By the way, this will probably be the last time I try to put them down in their room during the day for a while.  I'm giving into the fact that the littles like being out with the action during the day and I'm just not in a place right now to take on training them to crib sleep during the day.  They sleep in there at night and that's rockstar status in my book! So, they will sleep in this type of arrangement...and I'm ok with that for now:


They seem real sleepy, huh? Stop watching tv, Caleb!!!

Haha- Caleb just squealed.  Told you I'm not holding my breath.  That was a play squeal- he just wants a little more fun-time, who can blame him? I'm super fun. ;)  Ok, it may be that daddy just got home and he loves his daddy.

I wish I would have gotten a picture of the twins with William for today's post.  Ben's little brother is in town searching for an apartment and he and Britton came over to watch them for a bit while I went to the doctor for a little chat.  Yes, I was nervous to leave them, but not because of crazy Uncle William (who will forever be known as Wilford Brimley to our kids).  But because I'm working out my paranoia and wicked attachment anxiety.  Oh,  and I'm working out lots of other things with the doctor like my insane need to continue feeding them exclusive breastmilk because I feel like it's the only thing I'm doing right for them sometimes.  I know, I know- I'm super hormonal and slightly crazy.  I know it's not true- it just feels like it sometimes when they're inconsolable or when I feel like I haven't held them enough because I'm constantly juggling the "must-do's" of parenting two babies (read: file 20 baby nails- not fun). Consequently, pumping so that I CAN feed them exclusively breastmilk is actually causing a lot of the difficulty with holding them.  I have to take about 30 minutes every 3 hours to pump- add that to the list of other stuff to do and my head spins sometimes.

Ok- enough of the all-too-depressing stuff about my current mental state.  I lovelovelove these babies cuz they're so friggin cute and they're just the bestthingsever.  Grace just NEEDED to stand up today on her own two feet.  Literally- she fussed when I tried to sit her in my lap or lay her on the mat. But when I stood her up she locked those legs, put her feet flat on the floor, and stood at attention for a good 30 seconds straight, multiple times.  haha! It was quite the sight to see this tiny little being standing up on the floor.  Honestly, how creepy would it be if babies this tiny could actually walk? Can you imagine seeing someone so small strolling down the sidewalk?


Here are some more from today's fun:


Look at those chubby cheeks!

Happy for photo time!

Getting the hang of this head holding thing

All tuckered out

They kept finding eachother's hand

Who's the pretty girl? It's ME!

1 comment:

  1. Such cutie pies! You are a wonderful mama. Of course they want to spend more time with you.

    ReplyDelete