Well, today they've gone and switched things up- they've been resisting naps all day long. They woke up for their first feed of the day at 6:30am (I pumped before because they woke me up with all of their grunting...). They immediately fell back asleep, which I'm beginning to think is a bad thing (with all of the super late nights- I'd rather they wake up and stay awake a little earlier so they will go to sleep earlier if possible...). Then Grace woke up crying around 8:30, so I got her and laid with her in our bed. Then Caleb woke up around 8:45, so Ben went and brought him in, too (this is abnormal, we don't usually bring them into our room...maybe this was the problem?). We all slept til about 10:20 when we fed them again. They had a good play after that (picture below), and I thought were going to have a good nap after as well (they have been sleeping after every feed for about 1.5-2 hours everyday usually). We had to coax them into sleep, then they proceeded to wake up early and cry (they typically wake up with the "45 minute intruder, but have been pretty good at soothing themselves back to sleep for a proper nap. Not so today). So we fed them again at 1:00 (we usually go three hours between feeds, but I think Grace is going through a growth spurt, so Caleb has to eat at the same time- twin thing). Then took them for a walk in my new jogging stroller. Caleb screamed almost the entire half mile...so we stopped our walk early. He fell asleep for about 10 minutes then woke up crying with no stopping in sight, Grace never fell asleep. So we eventually called naptime quits and fed them again at 3:30 (after playing with them for 30 minutes- not something I like to do before feeding them. I'm trying to keep them on an eat, play, sleep routine rather than play, eat, sleep.) So, at around 4:10, they were falling asleep (right after finishing their bottles), so we changed their diapers and this promptly woke them up more than they've ever been awake before. Lovely. Took about 25 minutes to get them to go down again...lots of crying, rocking, pacifiers and glow sea horses.... It's now 5:20 and they're starting to wake up again. I'm not sure what's going on. But it's not good, whatever it is.
Hopefully tonight they'll fall asleep earlier because of their marathon wakeful day. Please, God. Please?
So here's a picture of the cuteness before the mayhem truly began.
| We love having Daddy home during the day to play with us!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment