Monday, March 19, 2012

Giggle #19 Gracie Laughs

Oh man! I got Grace to give me some really big laughs this afternoon!  Ben got part of it on video, so hopefully I'll get some time to post it.  It was so cute! She kept laughing and laughing. 

Caleb started really putting toys into his mouth today, too!  Ben was giving him this stuffed monkey and he grabbed it and started chewing on it! But he'll still stop whatever he's doing to look at us and smile if we're paying attention to him. He's such a little flirt!

I took Caleb to the pediatrician today to get an opinion on his difficulty eating.  She's sending us to a feeding specialist. He seems to be struggling with distraction (which is totally normal and we deal with it with Grace, too), but it's much worse than that. He makes noise like he's in pain and acts really full after only an ounce or two.  We'll see.

I also took him grocery shopping, just him and I, today.  He slept almost the whole time with all of the groceries surrounding him in the cart.  He was so good!

Now...if only I could get him to remember how to sleep at night.  We've actually started talking about trying to swaddle him again. Anything to get more than an hour of sleep at a time. He's startling himself awake again, like he did when he was a newborn.  But now, when he wakes up he realizes he doesn't have his binky and can't fall back asleep, so he just cries.  Poor little guy.

I went to my MoMs Night Out tonight and again all of the MoMs told me I need to let him cry it out.  I just don't know.  I want to, because Ben and I are about at our breaking point.  But I also don't know if he's ready...I'm not sure if he actually can soothe himself back to sleep for any period of time.  I'd hate for him to cry for an hour, finally fall asleep, and then startle back awake and cry for another hour.  That'd be horrible for him AND me.

I'm hoping this is just a short phase and he'll go back to sleeping longer stretches.  I mean, it wasn't very long ago that he was starting to fall asleep without his binky being replaced. It just stopped for some reason.

Here they are today:

Perfect Photo Op of Daddy reading to Gracie:







Play time with Caleb!
Yeah, those are football baby leg warmers...

This is Caleb's "Gettin At It" face.  He only busts this out when he's really trying to destroy the playmat.

Oh Mommy, you can't be mad at me for waking  up every hour. Look at my face!

Haha! Gotcha wrapped around my little finger!

I'm adooorable

You know it.

She's all kinds of coordinated on her tummy now.  She reaches for toys and can pull them to her mouth while she's on her tummy.  She's really taken to trying to lift the mat underneath her!

No comments:

Post a Comment