Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Giggle #28 Daddy Time!

FIRST - Please go back and check out the adoooorable photos I added to yesterday's post. Yay :)

Two- Have you seen our kids with their daddy?  They are bat-crazy-obsessed with him, and I just love it to pieces.  Honestly, it's a bit selfish, but it makes me feel better about going back to work.  They can be that happy with Daddy when he's at work all day...so I guess there's hope for me, no? :)

When Daddy got home from work today, we were playing with Caleb on the bed in some rare 2-on-1 baby and parent time (Grace was napping, Caleb had started his last nap later and was off of the schedule a bit).  Ben picked him up from my lap and was hanging with him when he started getting kinda fussy.  He just didn't seem too keen on any position, didn't want to be laying down/standing up/sitting down/leaning... When he started to get a little more vocal about his discontent, I almost grabbed him to go walk around- the pretty sure fire way to please our little explorer.  But Daddy had an idea.  The CAR GAME!

I will preface by saying this was first a big hit with Gracie. I don't know how he comes up with these games but the twins LOVE them and Grace was just all smiles when she first "drove the car".  He hadn't tried it on  Caleb yet, and I was a bit concerned that he'd be too irritated to like any games, but of course I was wrong.  This is Daddy Time we're talking about! 

Ben sat Caleb up and grabbed his arms out in front of him like he was holding a steering wheel.  Caleb wasn't too pleased still...he had already made it abundantly clear that sitting up was one of the previously discussed positions he just wasn't having anymore.  But then Daddy's car started, and VRRRROOOOOMMM!!! What a fun sound! How can he not stop pouting?!  And then the steering.  Ben turned Caleb's arms like he was steering down a race track- which brought on the smiles! And THEN, the gear shifting!! Yep, neither Ben nor I drive a stick shift, but Daddy's lap car is obviously a manual!  And thus, the Caleb giggles began.  Heart.melting.

Hanging with daddy

Yeah, this guy's pretty funny

I told you I didn't want to sit anymore!

Oh that noise is kinda fun!

Hey look! I'm STEERING!

Ahahahahaa! Changing gears is the best!

Yay Daddy Time!



And now...GET IN MY MOUTH CAMERA!










success.

No comments:

Post a Comment