Thursday, March 8, 2012

Giggle #8 Snort!

Yeah, the farm animals continue...

I was holding Grace in her favorite standing-up position on my lap and making funny faces at her, which have just recently really caught her attention. She's starting to smile a bit more now, and I'm just so terribly in love.  She started getting her really big open-mouth grin on and making some cooing noises, which usually means she might giggle a little bit, so I started blowing raspberries on her neck and cheeks...and I was right!  Little lady giggled a bit, so I kept going.  More giggles, more raspberries.  And then, the best noise ever.  She laughed full-on, so hard that she snorted! And she did it a few times in a row! Laugh laugh laugh, snort, laugh laugh laugh, snort!  Love.

She's sort of in this phase where she'll only laugh at one parent per day.  She picked me yesterday and today...Daddy every day before that.  We'll see who she chooses tomorrow... ;)

Look at that cute bald spot!  Grace was born with fuzz on both of her ears and it was so cute.  I just realized a few days ago that the fuzz has officially fallen off.  I knew that it would, but that just feels like some sort of right of passage out of newborn-hood.  I know one day I'll look at her and her newborn bald spot will be gone as well.  For now, I'll cherish that adorable little bald spot and remember how that these days go by too fast.

Caleb: Um, why does that other baby get my mirror???

I left the babies with Ben for three hours this afternoon so I could go and finalize the daycare situation.  When I got home I felt like I hadn't seen them in days...I missed them after three hours.  What the heck am I gonna do when I go back to work?!?!?! :( :( :(

It's done, we've chosen a daycare for their first couple of months.  I'm considering moving them to another daycare that won't take babies before 8 months...but I'll finalize that when I see how the daycare I chose today goes.  I really like the 8 month one, but moving them from somewhere they had just gotten used to may not be a wise decision. I'm not sure yet.  I wish they would just take them at 6 months! Oh well. 

I am having serious trouble with the prospect of leaving them.  I know that it's best for our family and for me...but I can't help but think that it's not really best for them, and I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment