Sunday, March 25, 2012

Giggle #24 AND #25 ... Missing My Babies

Yep, I went my first day since January 1st without blogging!  Instead of sitting at the computer, I was out with some friends from college, pretending like it hadn't been years since we'd seen each other, and relishing the few hours we had to live like dumb college students again.  It was a blast. 

But boy did I miss my babies.  I wasn't gone the whole weekend. I went out to dinner with them Friday night, then came back home and was up most of the night with the babies.  Then Saturday we went shopping and hung out pretty much all day (after I fed the twins their first bottle of the morning) including the late late hours of the night (and yes, maybe some of those wee morning hours as well), and then came home and gave the babies their first two bottles of the day.  Then today I met up with my friends again for a little sunbathing and lunch.  It was a great weekend, not exactly "restful" but a lot of fun. 

And I missed my babies terribly. 

I brought my friends over on Saturday evening to see them and soak in their awesome cuteness...and of course they were adorable.  They just stared and stared at my friends, didn't really talk much...but didn't get upset, and didn't mind being held by lots of different arms.  It was really wonderful to show them off, per usual.


Funny part was that the entire time that Grace was being held (and she was being held by someone the entire time they were there, which was great!), she was uber curious about what was going on. She kept looking one way, then the other, then back, then the other way...just checking things out, seemingly a bit concerned at the new change of pace for our bedtime routine (yes, this was all going down about 30 minutes before bedtime). 

Turns out the babies didn't mind the new routine- they slept longer than they have in a while last night!

Here are some cute ones from yesterday:

Happy as a clam :)

Huh. What's that?

Do you see this fluffy pink creature?

Well. Huh.  It looks like a pink birdy...with pink birdy feet!

Mmm...I must taste this pink birdy's feet!

GET IN MY MOUTH BIRDY FEET!

Delicious.


Today had a BIG milestone in the Haley household. Oh yes, we've been waiting for quite some time for this one.  CALEB ROLLED OVER!!!!!

Yay! (insert huge standing ovation)

So, sorta funny- I was hanging with the babies on their playmats this morning, video taping them per usual, before I had to head out to lunch. Grace was on her tummy trying to crush Sophie the Gir.affe with her tiny little hands and her big ferocious mouth.  Caleb was right across from her staring her down and I'm sure wondering what in the world that other baby was doing...but intrigued nonetheless. 

We happened to have two Sophies right there in arms reach for both of them, and Caleb all of a sudden started reaching for the other giraffe.  This was pretty big cuz Caleb rarely ever reaches for anything on his tummy (really, tummy time for Mr. Caleb usually just consists of hardly any movement and then a whole lot of yelling). He started trying to do what Grace was doing and get the toy into his mouth!  He was getting a bit frustrated that he couldn't really grab it well and couldn't get it to move closer to him like he wanted, and then all of a sudden he started rocking sideways like he was trying to roll over! I happened to pan out on my camera right at that moment and then he just rolled right onto his side!  He hadn't done that since he was really little and I think that was just a fluke.  So I for sure thought he was gonna roll over but instead he rolled himself right back onto his tummy and kept trying to play, as if he didn't really want to roll over just yet.

So at this point I'm in super-videographer mode, trying to ensure I got his big milestone on tape. I sat there for who-knows-how-long waiting for him to do it again...but instead, he just stopped playing, started lying really still again, and then the yelling started.  Ugh.  So I stopped taping, went down to him to see if I could roll him over, but I just turned his head a bit and he started doing it on his own.  I stood back and watched, and Ben happened to come over too (I think I might have been yelling "LOOKLOOK!!!") and he did it! Just rolled himself right over. 

I had a celebratory dance party in his honor.

He didn't do it again today.  We'll see if it was just a fluke or if he'll do it again!





Ooooh, Caleb's gonna try!


He did eventually get it into his mouth with a little help from Mommy!


Playing on the ottoman with Daddy


And now for an unnatural amount of photos of Grace playing with a baby spoon for the first time! Yay!





Wrong side baby

No comments:

Post a Comment